Walmart Reviews in Bloomington, IN | Glassdoor

1.8
Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon
Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance is challenging at times(in 884 reviews)

• "Your practically work full-time hour with no benifits(in 1188 reviews)

1. Management

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Get to know your management team well. Work side by side with employees.

Cons

Salaried position, put in at times many hours. Fast-paced can be difficult to see tasks through effectively.

Advice to Management

Simply choose fewer goals daily, and put more emphasis on seeing those through instead of trying to solve as many problems as the team can in a day, it leads to more stress, and keeps the team constantly divided.

2. Wireless sales associate

Former Employee - Wireless Sales in Bloomington, IN

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The pay is decent. You get to help lots of people and stay active behind the counter. You get to be part of the cutting edge in phones and prepaid services.

Cons

Management stinks. Favortism and very unprofessional environment. Most of the time wireless center and electronics is combined making it very confusing who does what.

Advice to Management

Promote people they work hard, not because you like them. Show respect to your associates.

3. Want to be used?

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The only pros I've found working here for four years are the people you work with and the pay is okay

Cons

Want to get treated like a rented mule? Want to be belittled by managers? Step right up this is the job for you!

4. Pharmacy

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

I worked at Walmart part-time for more than 9 years

Pros

None, you will like it at all!

Cons

Non-professional pharmacy supervisors do not understand what a professional pharmacist really does.

Advice to Management

Place professional pharmacists in charge of your pharmacists, not former store managers.

5. sales clerk

Former Employee - Cashier in Bloomington, IN

I worked at Walmart part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

There was no pro's. It was the worst place I have worked.

Cons

Management could not get it together, One would tell you to something, then another would say change it. Then the first one would be mad because you did what the other told you to do.

Advice to Management

Grow up

6. Assistant Manager

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Work with a team. Also has good opportunities to showcase your specific talents as a leader. Opportunity to move up within the company, usually if you are willing to relocate.

Cons

Work a lot of hours. Work/life balance isn't great Work is typically left to the one's who have a strong work ethic, and is difficult to be acquire any type of recognition.

7. disappointing

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is good and the staff are great people to work with. The associates understand the true meaning of teamwork.

Cons

Much of the job duties were misrepresented in my interview. No opportunity to grow as a manager or to learn new methods, ideas or expand my experience. Was told one thing by the Human Resource people but another story entirely once I was in the store. I was very disappointed in Walmart.

Advice to Management

Your training program needs to be revamped. It misses all the important information needed on the job. The expectations should be truthful.

Gradual insanity is inevitable.

Current Employee - Support Manager in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

You get paid for the hours you work. You are supposed to get 15 minutes of break for every 2 hours worked. Don't need a gym membership because you run around enough at work.

Cons

I have worked here for 5 years, I have been told on countless times that I am an asset, one of the best, a "super-star," yet I have only recieved exceeds on my yearly eval twice, because the things I exceed at are not even what the evals are based on. I have been a night shift manager for going on a year and a half in the second biggest store in the state, we have gone through 20 managers in 2 years on nights alone,...

Advice to Management

The co's, store manager, and market need to get their head out of their rear and understand they should be grateful for what they get, they expect every associate to putforth outstanding results for minimum wage and then get a yearly eval saying they are just a meet expectations. You can not take employees out of a business and expect it to continue on increasing in sales, bottom line, you have to have employees to put...

Pressured into quitting because I asked questions

Former Employee - Stocker in Bloomington, IN

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

I could do most of my shopping while working and my coworkers were pretty alright. Didn't pay me very much at all.

Cons

I was pressured into quitting my job because I asked why I wasn't receving full time pay when I was working 40+ hours a week. Boss told me I was working 39 hours which wasn't true. About the third time I asked he said that I should reconsider what this job means to me then scheduled me for all overnight shifts.

Advice to Management

If I'm a full timer, don't treat me like a part timer.

Found 9 reviews