Walmart Reviews in Boulder, CO | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 4, 2018

2.8
Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon
  1. "Generally positive place to work."

Current Employee - Overnight Maintenance in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Walmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Culture, Employee Appreciation events quite frequently, Excellent Work-Life balance, Excellent Insurance, 401K, Constant Promoting, Discounts on most things in the Supercenter including the Tenants.

Cons

Low pay the first few years. Occasional Store Manager drama which works it's way down. They set the tone.

Advice to Management

None

Walmart2017-04-07
  2. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I worked at Walmart part-time

Pros

Good starter job to gain experience, flexible schedules, good location, competitive pay, opportunities to move up

Cons

Poor management, played favorites, fairly high turnover rate

Walmart2018-09-04

"Although the company has a very successful business strategy, it does have its clear shortfalls."

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Boulder, CO

I worked at Walmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits are what drew me in. I was receiving consistent shifts and the same 3 days off in a row every single week. The schedules were also available up to 4 weeks in advance online.

Cons

The store I worked at was managed very poorly. In fact the whole Walmart corporate structure seems odd. Different salaried managers would tell me contradictory things, and I really never felt like I was working as part of a team. Communication was very poor. Other associates were often more helpful if a problem came up, rather than management. The attendance system feels very threatening and stressful because its a... point based system that can result in termination when you hit 4 points. I would always be denied a day off for a medical procedure unless I talked to the once specific. Manager that decided that.

Advice to Management

Cross train the employees! Every department was completely isolated from one another and if a customer service manager for example, was absent, the other managers didn't know basic management functions on the registers.

Walmart2017-05-27