Walmart Reviews in Boulder, CO | Glassdoor

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Teams run very lean which leads to a poor work life balance (in 658 reviews)

• If you want full time you need to be gradfathered in or be a manager (in 1042 reviews)

1. "Wel mart"

Former Employee - Sales in Longmont, CO
    Former Employee - Sales in Longmont, CO

I worked at Walmart (More than a year)

Pros

Busy environment and nice peiple.

Cons

On your feet all day.

Advice to Management

More schuled breaks.

2. "Support manager"

Current Employee - Support Manager in Longmont, CO
    Current Employee - Support Manager in Longmont, CO

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you hard worker definitely you'll get promoted

Cons

Lack of employment that put a lot on others to do, and more responsibilities with no help, and a lot of turn over.

Advice to Management

More raise
    More attention to employee's need and be their needs

"Although the company has a very successful business strategy, it does have its clear shortfalls."

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Boulder, CO

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits are what drew me in. I was receiving consistent shifts and the same 3 days off in a row every single week. The schedules were also available up to 4 weeks in advance online.

Cons

The store I worked at was managed very poorly. In fact the whole Walmart corporate structure seems odd. Different salaried managers would tell me contradictory things, and I really never felt like I was working as part of a team. Communication was very poor. Other associates were often more helpful if a problem came up, rather than management. The attendance system feels very threatening and stressful because its a point based system that can result in termination when you hit 4 points. I would always be denied a day off for a medical procedure unless I talked to the once specific. Manager that decided that.

Advice to Management

Cross train the employees! Every department was completely isolated from one another and if a customer service manager for example, was absent, the other managers didn't know basic management functions on the registers.

"Good for a short time"

Former Employee - Personal Shopper in Longmont, CO
    Former Employee - Personal Shopper in Longmont, CO

I worked at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was decent for being an entry-level job, and most of my co-workers were very nice people.

Cons

Many of the customers can be incredibly rude and even creepy.

Advice to Management

In general, treat employees with more respect.

5. "Generally positive place to work."

Current Employee - Overnight Maintenance in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Overnight Maintenance in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Culture, Employee Appreciation events quite frequently, Excellent Work-Life balance, Excellent Insurance, 401K, Constant Promoting, Discounts on most things in the Supercenter including the Tenants.

Cons

Low pay the first few years. Occasional Store Manager drama which works it's way down. They set the tone.

Advice to Management

None

6. "Cashier"

Current Employee - Cashier in Longmont, CO
    Current Employee - Cashier in Longmont, CO

I have been working at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours for students, they really care about minors and their schoolwork

Cons

A lot of the customers seem to be entitled, for the most part it's good, but some people just ruin your day

"Amazing Employment Opportunity"

Former Employee - WalMart Overnight Stocker in Longmont, CO
    Former Employee - WalMart Overnight Stocker in Longmont, CO

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exciting and fun place to work. Work is always plentiful. Many different ways to excel in the company! 5 stars.

Cons

Sometimes the work loads that are expected of you are a little to heavy for just one employee. Also time clock issues can be a real burden.

Advice to Management

Try to learn each employees strengths and weaknesses so that they can be placed in positions where they excel. If you say that you are going to do something for an employee actually do it right away. I have had issues with this myself and it's quite irratating. so please.

"cashier"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CO

I worked at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good benefits and great enviroment

Cons

bad management with little or no communication

"My hopes crushed under the corporate gears"

Former Employee - Night Stocker in Longmont, CO
    Former Employee - Night Stocker in Longmont, CO

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great first job that teaches you the cold, hard truth about employment, nighttime pay wasn't bad at $11.75, the fellow employees shared my pain.

Cons

Still considered part time, despite working 40 hours a week. Management extremely unforgiving of your circumstances, even if you have 14 hours of fresh freight scheduled by yourself. If you ask them not to put you in a department, they will put you there (How I ended up in freezer), so I would recommend against voicing any complaints. Employee discount is nonexistant, 10% off of select items. No real training whatsoever, was given a 15-minute crash course on operating the cash register, days before black Friday.

Advice to Management

Try to be more understanding with your employees. They are, after all, the grease that keep your corporate gears turning.

"TLE Technician-4 hour career"

I worked at Walmart full-time

Pros

Pretty much was hired immediately, full-time, stating at $13.50 in the tire & lube department.
    The new hire orientation person was amazed when I informed her that I was hired full-time. This was going to be an ideal situation, close to home, full-time, and a wage above what they had been advertising for Tire & Lube. My current employer offered me such a substantial raise that I could not take the Wall-Mart position :(

Cons

The major cons at Wall-Mart revolve around the schedules, always weekends and holidays, however the tire & lube center is the closest they have to normal hours. My career at Wall-Mart lasted 4 hrs., that's OK it wasn't because of Wall-mart, however they still haven't paid me for the orientation hours!

Advice to Management

Open your lines of communication from dept managers to orientation and new hire trainee people to the new hire personnel !! Keep in contact with prospective new hires that have extremely productive potential !!!!!

Showing 14 of 31,439 reviews