Walmart Reviews in Broomfield, CO | Glassdoor

Doug McMillon
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance is challenging at times" (in 872 reviews)

• "They schedule u an 38 hours so they don't have to give full time benifits" (in 1181 reviews)

"Better than most people think"

Current Employee - Cake Decorator in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Cake Decorator in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Walmart full-time

Pros

Benefits are great my dentist says i have unheard of dental. They work with my schedule and paid my rent and public service when my husband had cancer

Cons

Like any other place there are a few bad managers and employees. Recently they have cut our hours too

Advice to Management

Follow Sam Waltons advice. Listen to your employees they are your best idea generators. We really do know more about what our customers want and what works best than the people in offices miles away.

2. "Decent place to start a career"

Current Employee - Cashier in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Cashier in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They gave alpt of benefits along with quarterly bonuses and the job of a cashier is fairly easy!

Cons

Boring at times, stressful and demanding at other times

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities of growth

3. "Good pay but low hours."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Walmart part-time

Pros

The location I work at pays about $10.50 which is above minimum wage and pretty great. A lot of the employees I've met in my department have been around for a long time and are all very kind. The customers in my area are generally rather relaxed and understanding. When you first start working, their very flexible with the schedule that the trainers make for you for the first few weeks. I work in the garden center and personally I find it very rewarding to work outside for the most part rather then inside.

Cons

After the "honeymoon phase" of good hours and a nice paycheck, your hours crash. You go from almost toppling your hour limit to being severely under it, and I'm talking about hitting around 32 hours to dying down to barely 15 if your lucky. I'm not sure if its maybe just my department manager, however its not worth it to have 4 days of work within a 2 week period. I love the people there, and I liked being paid more then minimum wage, but I would be making MUCH more at a minimum wage job that actually works me. One could always pick up "open shifts" but they tend to be unavailable to part timers because they surpass an 8 hour day or just barely overlap your schedule. This however, may not be the case for every department.

Advice to Management

Give people more hours to work, its not fair to have everyone under the department you manage working 15 hours, typically less. Perhaps the tactic is to get people to quit and go elsewhere but get to know your associates a little more instead of treating them like numbers because for some people this is their second job that they need to help pay the bills and 15 hours is seriously not going to cut it.

4. "Dont get paid enough for all the crap you deal with"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Broomfield, CO

Pros

Easy Job to get and do as your told, easy job to keep.

Cons

People there have no common sense. Act like children.

Advice to Management

Provide executive training programs for those to excel in your company. Only way to move up is by someone leaving or croaking over.

Showing 4 of 39,238 reviews