Walmart Reviews in Butler, PA | Glassdoor

1.9
Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "good pay Work hours lots of extra shift if you are willing to work" (in 1401 reviews)

• "Best environment, work life balance" (in 289 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance sometimes not there" (in 839 reviews)

• "They schedule u an 38 hours so they don't have to give full time benifits" (in 1168 reviews)

1. "Associate but work at front end all the time."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Butler, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Butler, PA

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay for entry level job

Cons

always work at the front end everyday although u will not cashier.

Advice to Management

they should training people to help front end more than 2-3 training cashier to help everyday.

2. "Not Particularly Worth it"

Former Employee - Optician in Butler, PA
    Former Employee - Optician in Butler, PA

Pros

Six percent matching on 401k, nine days of sick leave per six months before termination.

Cons

I was given full time hours but no benefits for the year I walked there. I had by far the best customer service record and almost zero complaints, I was about to take the ABO exam, and I really, really knew about the products - frames, lenses, materials, manufacturing processes, etc. I never got any benefits like health care or vacation time, despite having an average of 39 hours per week over the first eight months. After I requested it, my hours were SEVERELY reduced and my manager began to ignore me and give me bad performance reviews. He also began to schedule me for two to three hour stretches on some nights with no help, leading to incredibly irate customers and gigantic lines. I had a good relationship with him before that. I tried everything I possibly could, even contacting home office multiple times, but in the end, I was ignored for months and stopped showing up. I had no particularly bad experiences with Wal Mart before I attempted to get what was rightly mine by federal law, and thought that I was lucky to not work at any of the Wal Mart horror stories. I would NEVER work for them again.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like human beings and you'll actually manage to retain your good employees.

"It's a job"

Current Employee - Photolab Technician in Butler, PA
    Current Employee - Photolab Technician in Butler, PA

I have been working at Walmart (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits
    "Hidden pay checks"
    Stories from customers
    Friendships

Cons

Personal degradation
    Favoritism
    Inferiority
    Being held back
    Lying customers

Advice to Management

Before rewarding a customer that's lying, first INVESTIGATE the claim, before taking their word & writing up the associate. The customer IS NOT always right...

4. "Not a lot of compassion for the employees. A "get it done, and get it done fast" attitude"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Butler, PA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Butler, PA

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are actually able to acquire a full-time position, you are eligible for health benefits and quarterly bonuses If the store's sales are up.

Cons

There is no "team work" or "family" mentality like the company continually boasts about. It is every man for himself all the way up through the ranks. To Walmart you are just a body occupying a space for a time.

Advice to Management

As far as the pharmacy goes, adherence to pharmacy policies would be a plus. I'm tired of covering for the pharmacists while they blatantly screw up and break the law.

"It was meh."

Former Employee - Courtesy Associate in Butler, PA
    Former Employee - Courtesy Associate in Butler, PA

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours were flexible and the managers were nice (for the most part.) The coworkers I had were all very friendly and made the work environment comforting.

Cons

A good bit of the managers I had were mean/overbearing and asked too much of the employees for little pay.

Advice to Management

Go easy on the new kids.

Showing 5 of 38,315 reviews