Walmart Reviews in Carson City, NV | Glassdoor

3.3
Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good pay and benifits liked the work (in 1173 reviews)

• Amazing work life balance for an man level job (in 255 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance benefits restructuring (in 708 reviews)

• Not enough hrs avalible for full time emoyment (in 1083 reviews)

1. "The incident that took place at Walmart ..that took me by complete surprise..and took my employment away."

Former Employee - Walmart Cashier in Gardnerville, NV
    Former Employee - Walmart Cashier in Gardnerville, NV

I worked at Walmart (Less than a year)

Pros

walmart is my favorite co. to work for..they handlle..situations very professionally.I would still be at Walmart..but due to a radical situation..it removed me..it has been handled.

Cons

Find a Workplace Bully inside of Walmart..was truly a scary incident..I am totally aware of that kind of person..I was given a Wrongful Coaching..and it was DELETED by the MGR>

Advice to Management

I am eligible for rehire..and I saw the ad for CASHIER WALMART and applied for that..and I hope to hear from them.I miss my job!!!

2. "Bakery Manager"

Former Employee - Bakery Manager in Carson City, NV
    Former Employee - Bakery Manager in Carson City, NV

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is not a good reason to work at walmart

Cons

Don't care for their employees at all.. Treat you like dogs and expect so much more out of you so they don't have to do it

Advice to Management

Try helping your associates, instead of passing it through a chain of command and goes directly back to the person that asked for help. Advice would also be to treat your employees differently they are human and working hard for you, they are more then just how much money you will get as a bonus!!!!!

3. "Multiple roles"

Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Carson City, NV
    Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Carson City, NV

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Bonuses are nice once you are eligible for them, health benefits are amazing as well as dental. You make a lot of friends working here. Walmart can give you a lot of valuable skills if you let them. I loved working here most of the time

Cons

No matter how hard you try your never good enough for them. You have to work hard to move up then you work harder once in management you always feel like your failing. I worked here 5 years and no matter what role I was in I was always stressed. Like I said I loved working here most of the time however at the end I was so tired of being stressed all the time. It was like the whole Walmart world lifted off my shoulders when they let me go. It felt weird to not have that weight on my shoulders anymore

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. Listen to them try t our ideas . Tell them they are doing a good job and they will want to try harder.

4. "Not Bad, But Not Great"

Former Employee - Customer Service Cashier in Carson City, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Cashier in Carson City, NV

I worked at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're good, you'll get hours. Not too mention pay was above minimum wage, which was nice. Generally a fast paced environment, which lessens boredom. On top of that, if you work holidays they generally have food for everyone in the break room.

Cons

Management sucks at micromanaging. Horrible relay of information from one to another. No one communicates with each other. If you have issues, they don't really care to listen. Not flexible with personal issues such as complicated pregnancy, maternity leave, etc.

Advice to Management

Teach your CSM's, and other related management better management skills.

5. "Great place to work if you like to work with people and the general public."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carson City, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carson City, NV

Pros

There is opportunity to work in a variety of environments. If you are not happy in one department it is very easy to move to another.

Cons

There is no respect from friends, family and the outside world if you work at Wal-Mart. There are too many managers that conflict with each other on projects and goals.

Advice to Management

Wal-Mart should try and improve it's image to the world as a great place to work. Wal-Mart should create an image for it's employees so they feel proud of their job.

Showing 5 of 33,384 reviews