Walmart Reviews in Casper, WY | Glassdoor

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance is challenging at times" (in 912 reviews)

• "Your practically work full-time hour with no benifits" (in 1200 reviews)

1. "Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Walmart Cashier in Casper, WY
    Current Employee - Walmart Cashier in Casper, WY

I have been working at Walmart part-time

Pros

Walmart is a thriving, successful business. If you want to be a part of a well connected team. Walmart is the place for you!

Cons

As in any job, there are some managers who are not the best at what they do.

Advice to Management

Work harder to make sure that everything is rolling has smooth as the system is meant to be. It is doing very well so far though.

2. "Electronics associate/Cashier"

Former Employee - Electronics Sales Associate in Casper, WY
    Former Employee - Electronics Sales Associate in Casper, WY

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, benefits and leadership. Provided my coworkers and myself everything we needed to succeed to help the company as well as help us to be successful.

Cons

Too much turnover around the store in all departments that restricted growth and communication at times. Also being a leader in retail, around the holiday season it became hard to plan for an individuals personal life because of the demand.

Advice to Management

The ladder of command often was confusing once outside of the department manager. Maybe have more training or meetings with superiors to show which leadership to approach in any scenario.

3. "Better then Walgreens"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT in Casper, WY
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT in Casper, WY

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good computer program, easy to learn. Techs don't usually cashier at my location.

Cons

Changed they way they give raises, only 2% now. Working with one or two awful techs/pharmacists can make for a long day.

Advice to Management

District management should have more experience​ working in a high volume pharmacy before they get to that position.

4. "Major Favortism Worse then Nepotism"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Casper, WY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Casper, WY

I have been working at Walmart (More than a year)

Pros

It's an ok place to work if you like retail

Cons

My store 1617 is almost like nepotism they already have the new support manager picked before they even do interviews by telling one person to update their preferences so he can get the job.

Advice to Management

Suppose someone wanted to move to another store to be in manager and they can't because of major favortism like this

"It's been amazing to work for them. They have been good to me. They treated me good and respected me"

Current Employee - ICS in Casper, WY
    Current Employee - ICS in Casper, WY

I have been working at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They treat people good. They go above and beyond the call to help everybody out and to show them how to work the right

Cons

The challenges r that safety. They r to many people not working smart and thinking that they need to get out of work

Advice to Management

I belive communication is the key at walmart

"Don't get sucked in by the pay"

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Casper, WY
    Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Casper, WY

I have been working at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Overnighters make a ton of money.
    - It's easy to go to school and work if you take morning classes.
    - You don't have to deal with customers which makes the job easier.

Cons

- Poor management. They have no idea what they're doing and in the middle of stocking a department they will move you to another and then struggle to find another person to work your area when they could've just left you in your area to begin with. They run around like chickens with their heads cut off and have no idea how to help the night time stockers. It doesn't help with the three year management rotation. Day managers are useless at night!
    - No one cares if you're sick. Too bad. People have stocked food while coughing and sneezing. Food! It was horrifying and manager approved. If you're sick, work through pain because the germs won't spread themselves.
    - The terrible attitude towards overtime. If they hate it so much why not put restrictions on the badge scanner so you can't clock in early or leave lunch early? I've worked at places that programmed restrictions on the badge scanner to minimize overtime. No instead they don't even tell you there's a problem until you're being written up.
    - The overall culture of the place is very depressing. The lady that trained me ( for one night because they don't train you) quit. And so did four other people at the same time. People are unhappy working there and poor leadership from management makes it worse.

Advice to Management

The managers straight up need to be trained and employee needs to raised.

7. "If you must..."

Former Employee - Cashier in Casper, WY
    Former Employee - Cashier in Casper, WY

Pros

I had good job security working at wal-mart...I never felt like I would be fired. I enjoy working with people so the customers were a plus. There was always something to do and there were always shifts to pick up if I wanted more hours.

Cons

THe pay was not very good and the hours were very long. The benefits ere not very good either. Being at a store that is open 24-hours meant I had to be very flexable with my schedule.

Advice to Management

They should pay there skilled employees more and hire less. I fell like I could run circles around some of the new people there.

Showing 7 of 40,841 reviews