Walmart Reviews in Champaign, IL | Glassdoor

4.0
Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon
Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance is challenging at times(in 884 reviews)

• "Your practically work full-time hour with no benifits(in 1188 reviews)

1. "Cake Decorator"

Current Employee - Cake Decorator in Champaign, IL

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

In this job you learn a valuable skill that you can use for the rest of your life. It is also a skill that can be taken to another company to get paid more. Then there is the fact that decorating cakes has to be one of the funnest jobs you can do as a career. Since I was at a busy location and running the cake decorating part of the bakery by myself, this work experience also taught me management skills.

Cons

I was at a busy location that was short staffed. On my first day the only other cake decorator quit, leaving me as the only cake decorator for the next three months (from November 4-February 4th). This was at a location that needed to have 3 cake decorators to be fully staffed. I had to teach myself everything, and learn fast, and there were a lot of problems at my specific bakery. In addition to that I was completely...

Advice to Management

Invest more money in your skilled cake decorators, so that they will be willing to stay. A skilled cake decorator is totally worth the money spent, because they bring in so much money into the business.

2. "Retail Worker"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

I worked at Walmart for more than a year

Pros

The manager are great. Walmart had cake every week if employees did not broke any product.

Cons

The pay was not the best however it was a job.

"worst customer service i have ever seen"

Current Employee - Cart Pusher in Champaign, IL

I have been working at Walmart part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

you get to meet great people and there connection's or you might like working there

Cons

you get treated like a slave they will cut you in pay and hours any way they can to save a couple of bucks

Advice to Management

even if you dont like a person treat them as one and you never know they might be the best worker you have ever had. don't treat a customer as a walking dollar sign.

Found 3 reviews