Walmart Reviews in Cranberry Twp, PA | Glassdoor

3.6
Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "good pay Work hours lots of extra shift if you are willing to work" (in 1320 reviews)

• "great work life balance, shorter commute" (in 273 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance sometimes not there" (in 782 reviews)

• "They schedule u an 38 hours so they don't have to give full time benifits" (in 1140 reviews)

1. "Sales associate"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Cranberry Twp, PA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Cranberry Twp, PA

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company promotes from within and has many jobs opportunities to offer

Cons

Often there is a need for more associates. People tend to call off causing a shortage of employees leaving the ones who are there to carry out more duties.

Advice to Management

Sometimes there isn't enough hardware to ensure the job can be completed in the time frame given

2. "Great Company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Twp, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Twp, PA

I have been working at Walmart full-time

Pros

It was supposed to be temporarily, but I've been working for over a year, started as part-time and I'm now full-time.
    It's a very competitive but in a positive environment. Great job opportunities and most upper associates usually offer to mentor, which I should say I'm very grateful. I love how strong are the culture and values among customers and associates (most of them). The team work is great most of the time. Online services is great too, and you can check what items are in our inventory through walmart.com or the Walmart app. Very flexible schedules which could be great for students, but you are in charged of letting them know days you don't want/can't work in advanced. Offers a whole hour lunch, if working more than six hours. Can request days off or even vacation if meets the time required. They also offer great discount after getting the time required, but even greater discount on holidays and last, but not least the company (at least at my store) it still holds Sam Walton's intention: "Save money. Live better." and there is always great stuff with great quality on clearance and It really amazed me how much saving can be made by shopping at Walmart that it makes me proud to say that I work for them.

Cons

Need more cashiers, it gets stressful with the lines. Part-times don't get as many benefits as full-time employees, and sometimes they get lot of hours cuts. Then in order to get full-time you need full availability and this leads of not knowledge of when you can make an appointment or plans. I honestly feel that more training should be given before putting cashiers on the register or at customer services sometimes. The phone at customer services should be answer a little more often. When getting promotion unfortunately I've seen a lot of gossip, suddenly it was like high school all over again. Vacation or time off aren't always approved, so basically it is impossible to escape from being scheduled on holiday, causing to missing out lot of quality time with the family. You have to work in ares where you weren't schedule or hired to work for; self checkout for me. Even if you work four hours your most likely to be schedule five days a week and sometimes seven days in a row( this is in Pennsylvania so yeah, it's technically legal) Some customers will ask you questions or location of items even when they know you are on lunch, while your talking on the phone.

Advice to Management

Communication is key: there is just way too many supervisors, each one with their own opinion/rules; need to be on the same page or cashiers can get very confused at times and at some extend might not even be sure which rule to follow. Please, please approve time off at least for people who work 40 hours for 3 or 6 months straight and requested three weeks before the desired days off. Should try to reduce the list of returnable items or motive for the return, because I feel this is causing a huge lost to the company. A lot of customers get away with a lot of stuff and is highly unfair. Don't notice just when someone does something wrong but also appreciate when associates do a nice job and let them know because it really helps. I'm not saying that ignore when employees are doing something wrong; please let them know this too, otherwise they won't know something is wrong. Also, please don't forget about your cashier's lunch time or even breaks. Thank you for your great work and time. Team work!

3. "Truck unloader: lots of potential, poor execution"

Former Employee - Truck Unloader in Cranberry Twp, PA
    Former Employee - Truck Unloader in Cranberry Twp, PA

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Job has some enjoyable aspects, you can lose a lot of weight with this job as it is quite physical, I lost almost 35 lbs in three and a half months, great opportunities for customer interaction and learning new skills. Was happy to be appreciated by overnight crew and overnight managers for frequently helping them. As I understand, the position and duties have changed somewhat but at the time that I worked there, there was plenty of chances to make overtime, I was only scheduled four days a week, but not only was I allowed to come in a fifth full day, but if I offered to come in on a sixth day they were okay with it!

Cons

Poor work ethic on the unloading crew, they were totally insubordinate to the Dept supervisor. I was frequently mistreated by the other unloaders and even received death threats for no reason at all! When I notified the store asst mgr who was responsible for my dept, he said that death threats are not harassment and if I didn't like it I could quit! I tried to make it work but it got to the point where I was afraid to come into work and the same mgr blamed me for it! I have since tried to seek employment there out of desperation in another dept but I doubt I will get the job because the same mgr filed a false report about me regarding my departure and the interviewing mgr was extremely rude!

4. "Assistant manager (pervious positions include deli associate, o/n IMS, department manager, zone supervisor)"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Cranberry Twp, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Cranberry Twp, PA

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Loved helping customers. Some store managers are really go to work for some not so much. Easy to make friends.

Cons

Management schedule basically you can't have a family. If you need a day off (say for a your sisters wedding) management can't just request a day off. Open door is a joke because if your store manager is a jerk, he doesn't give a damn about anything.

Advice to Management

Lead by example not by dictating. Actually listen to your associates.

5. "Mindless Job"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cranberry Twp, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cranberry Twp, PA

I have been working at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get consistent breaks and getting enough hours is never a struggle. Also, they are very flexible with working around your schedule.

Cons

You legitimately do not need a brain to work in the "soft-lines" (clothing) department unless you are a manager. The manager expect you to simply fold for your entire nine hour shift and not talk to anyone unless a customer happens to come near you. Also, the morale of the co-workers is horrible. Everyone hates the job with the passion which makes it hard to stay positive.

Advice to Management

Everyone keeps quitting and you blame the employees you have. Perhaps you should figure out WHY they are actually quitting not just assume it's the other workers.

"I don't get paid enough for the amount of work I do."

Current Employee - Optician in Cranberry Twp, PA
    Current Employee - Optician in Cranberry Twp, PA

Pros

decent pay, benefits, and time off once full time

Cons

understaffed for the amount of customers we get

Advice to Management

recognize how much work we do

Showing 6 of 36,701 reviews