Walmart Reviews in Draper, UT | Glassdoor

Doug McMillon
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance sometimes not there" (in 853 reviews)

• "They schedule u an 38 hours so they don't have to give full time benifits" (in 1172 reviews)

1. "It was really difficult because I had issues with one employee in particular."

Former Employee - Cashiering in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Cashiering in Draper, UT

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people were mostly amazing and I made a lot of friends not only with employees but with customers as well.

Cons

I had a hard time accessing my secedule then my boss would get mad at me for calling in or coming in to look it up, we were supposed to have a physical copy but he would not put it out until the day before the next week, so it was difficult to schedule my life around my job.

Advice to Management

Fix the Walmart one app, from what I have heard many other employees have had difficulties with it. Also try being consistent I always had one person telling me this is the store rule then I'd get in trouble when I tried to follow it, I would suggest just updating employees every once in a while especially for rule and policy changes. Also if an employee is bullying other employees to the point of tears (this happened multiple times with different employees) some sort of action should be taken towards the person bullying other employees (even if they have mental health issues it is still wrong to undermine and bully other employees), and not punish those being bullied ( I and other employees got lectured about bullying when we would report what this particular employee was doing and they would say that we were being mean to her because she has mental health issues.

2. "Worst place to work at."

Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Draper, UT

I worked at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. There are no pros to working here. No pros what so ever. No pros no pros no pros no pros.

Cons

They cheat you. They hire you and pay you for your first week of training then they take that money back.

3. "Good local employees and management can't fix a bad business model."

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Overnight Stocker in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Overnight Stocker in Draper, UT

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy. Good workout every day if you work hard. Night shift is quiet. Middle management is decent at this location. Neighborhood market was better than working for a supercenter.

Cons

Micromanaging all the way from the corporate level. Expected to work full-time hours for part-time (none) benefits. Difficult to advance. The the most irritating pop music played on a short 40 minute loop, but I've heard they have since fixed this.

Advice to Management

Don't be wasted where you can't make a difference. Take your skills to a better company.

Showing 3 of 38,690 reviews