Walmart Reviews in Duluth, MN | Glassdoor

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • good pay Work hours lots of extra shift if you are willing to work (in 1271 reviews)

• Amazing work life balance for an man level job (in 265 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be a serious challenge (in 759 reviews)

• They schedule u an 38 hours so they don't have to give full time benifits (in 1122 reviews)

1. "Overnight Stock"

Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Duluth, MN
    Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Duluth, MN

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you do your Job they don't micro-manage.

Cons

Most of the managers must be from Texas.

Advice to Management

Move away from Texas.

2. "Seriously they need to look at the future instead of the past"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Duluth, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Duluth, MN

Pros

I work the hours I want.

Cons

poor inventory management. Poor training. They want you to bin material but then don't tell you how to remove it to the sales floor. One person in management says do it this way and then you get chewed by the next one that says that's not right. I've worked with someone that was "coached" because she was in an accident with her grandkids and the deputy sheriff said you can either go home and take care of them (my co-worker called the sitter and found out she was drunk) or I can place them at child protective services. The deputy even called and talked to a manager,, did it matter? Nooooo, management "coached" her anyway. Why should an employee choose losing their grandchildren to the state over a job?

Advice to Management

Please look into more modern material management. I've looked online and there is all sorts of different shipping bins and crates that you could use to cut cost and manpower. That would be preferable to some people throwing stuff in the semi and needing 10 people to unload and sort. The most used word I hear at Walmart is "no". We can't do this or we can't do that. The telzons are a joke for the work we perform.#1 there isn't enough in my department for 2 people working at the same time. #2 if the charger worked so that an employee wouldn't have to fight the telzon or printer to stay on also might help. Inventory is ridiculous, and I get pulled out of my job to do someone else's. I think the head of Walmart should go on Undercover Boss and realize how poorly managed this company is. I seriously can't believe they are still in business. In my opinion Walmarts motto is lose a dollar to save 10 cents.

Showing 2 of 35,160 reviews