Walmart Reviews in Fallon, NV | Glassdoor

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Teams run very lean which leads to a poor work life balance (in 663 reviews)

• If you want full time you need to be gradfathered in or be a manager (in 1058 reviews)

1. "I've been with Walmart for three and a half years and recently got bumped up to full time."

Current Employee - Overnight Stocking in Fallon, NV
    Current Employee - Overnight Stocking in Fallon, NV

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At store 2453: I'm appreciated by my overnight supervisors and shown to be reliable and consistent. I do get a little overtime here and there, but will take it when they're short handed. The hours will stay the same. Pay is decent! Co workers make the work atmosphere more satisfying than I had when I was a cart associate

Cons

Task times and setting goals can be a challenge and sometimes impossible. We're short handed on people and I'm stocking paper goods and chemicals and then grocery freight that cap team 2 left. The best part is I'm the only one stocking that entire area. Upper management is a pain in the rear end thinking everything is not good enough after busting our rear ends off to get everything on the shelves. I'm so tired that I don't do anything else.

Advice to Management

Do your jobs right. Don't treat your associates like garbage. Nobody ends up staying when they're pressured or consistently yelled at. Give them inspiration and that will motivate them to move up.

"It's Retail"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Fallon, NV
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Fallon, NV

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice learning experience. Worked with some good people and I got to meet a lot of great customers. If you stand out its easy to get promoted. They offer great discounts and good benefits.

Cons

Salaried members of management work a lot of hours. You will have no life working there. There is a lot of politics and if you don't play the game they find a way to get rid of you no matter how great of a worker you are. They preach code of ethics but when your store manager is the most unethical person you have met what do you do? Shut your mouth and play his game or you will be out of a job. They cover up a lot of unethical and unsafe work practices. Pay is terrible they only let you hire part time associates and expect them to work themselves into the ground for the company.

Advice to Management

This isn't how Sam Walton ran his stores when he was alive what has happened to the core values you preach.

3. "This was a pretty good job."

Former Employee - Night Stocker in Fallon, NV
    Former Employee - Night Stocker in Fallon, NV

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good times, great benefits if you are full time. Raises, 401k, and chances at advancement.

Cons

You will be when up for hurting yourself on the job. Management fights over better job openings.

Advice to Management

Work together.

Showing 3 of 31,947 reviews