Walmart Reviews in Las Cruces, NM | Glassdoor

3.3
Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "good pay Work hours lots of extra shift if you are willing to work" (in 1369 reviews)

• "Best environment, work life balance" (in 286 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance sometimes not there" (in 819 reviews)

• "They schedule u an 38 hours so they don't have to give full time benifits" (in 1161 reviews)

1. "Awesome place to work. I have met some wonderful friends and coworkers. Walmart friends are just like a family. TEAM"

Current Employee - Deli Sales Associate in Las Cruces, NM
    Current Employee - Deli Sales Associate in Las Cruces, NM

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is room for advancement I have a desire to learn.I have met good hard working people There are some who are friends.I need to work . I need to be productive and successful.I need to go up the ladder..Associates are able to grow with Walmart.I don't give up or give in. Sam Walton was an amazing man.He was very intellectual.He had a vision.A special number. Wow he used his brain and he was very successful.His store go all over the word. I have thought about this for a longtime. I have decided to stay with Walmart and retire. I quite smoking on my own. I have a burst of energy. I miss all my co-workers.I have love unconditional for everyone.

Cons

The language. I have morals and values..I don't curse at all. The cleanliness. Wash rinse and Sanitize every 4 hours. Sanitizing the slicers and the tables does not clean them.. It has to be done the other way. Otherwise mold and bacteria.. A person can get sick from mold The customers

Advice to Management

Wash rinse and Sanitize the table slicers every 4 hours. Everyone is responsible for keeping the deli clean .There is no excuse for not cleaning properly. It is called Team work . The each person needs to stay at there station and the work should not fall on one individual.Cursing should not be allowed in a business. I deserve an apology. This is way we are called a Team. We are supposed to work together.

2. "Co-Manager"

Current Employee - Co-Manager in Las Cruces, NM
    Current Employee - Co-Manager in Las Cruces, NM

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Technology, pay, paid time off

Cons

Work life balance, constant change

3. "Only if you have no choice"

Current Employee - Bakery Sales Associate in Las Cruces, NM
    Current Employee - Bakery Sales Associate in Las Cruces, NM

I have been working at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers, opportunity to learn new skills

Cons

Everything else. Too much work is expected from too few employees. Policies are changed for no reason making work load even worse. No positive support; it’s all negativity and blame.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees more than your bottom line. We’re people, not robots. Even if profit is your only goal, you’re going about everything the wrong way.

4. "servise manager"

Former Employee - Service Manager in Las Cruces, NM
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Las Cruces, NM

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Steady paycheck. Some new and interesting people customers and employees. Benefits just not that great. A chance to move up in the company even if your dumb as a box of rocks.

Cons

Customers always wanting something for free. If it wasn't Walmarts fault it didn't matter, just give it to them to get them out the door. Dumb police. They way management treats the associates like they don't matter.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better, they are their to help you not be your slave. And for G.P. talk to the other managers when giving tasks it gets old when three managers assign different tasks to the same associate.

5. "Room for improvement"

Current Employee - Deli Associate in Las Cruces, NM
    Current Employee - Deli Associate in Las Cruces, NM

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, but the rates are not competitive

Cons

Expect way too much from their employees

6. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Walmart Cashier in Las Cruces, NM
    Former Employee - Walmart Cashier in Las Cruces, NM

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved the the customer aspect of this job. There were many colorful people and for the most part, the customers made my day worth while. I also really appreciated my CSM's, for the most part, as they seemed to be involved in my growth and were great at their jobs.

Cons

Upper management, store and assistant managers, was a complete joke. One year we had an assistant manager who was completely ignorant to the basics of running a cash register, let alone the front end of the store. We were constantly running out of bags and even ran out of cash a few times under his leadership.

Another down side were the hours that were given. At our store it was extremely feast or famine when it came to hours. One month I would have close to 40 hours a week, and then that number would drop to 10-15 hours for a few months. It was very inconsistent and hard to plan expenses around this.

Advice to Management

I understand the need to rotate managers, but please make sure that they can actually do the jobs that they are hired to do before promoting them.

7. "At the beginning it was a good experience. But after a few years it went down hill."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Las Cruces, NM
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Las Cruces, NM

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Got to make friends with associates as well as the customers.

Cons

As an associate you have the right to move up in the company. Sam Walton did say to change from where we were at in our positions. But management don't always give you the support. They have favoritism.

Advice to Management

They should better themselves. Respect to be respected. They are humans just like the rest of the Walmart employees. At the end they are no better then the rest of the individuals. The position they hold is just a title. Doesn't mean it makes them a better person. Some are monsters!

8. "Sales Associate/Cashier"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Las Cruces, NM
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Las Cruces, NM

I have been working at Walmart full-time

Pros

Like working around people and helping them out.

Cons

Say there's open doors and everything is kept confidential. Not true.

Advice to Management

People should be treated with respect and be heard. They can be happy with their work. Not make it a daily routine, but look forward to go to your job.

9. "cashier"

Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Las Cruces, NM
    Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Las Cruces, NM

I worked at Walmart part-time

Pros

The pay is great managers are great too.

Cons

The schedules sucked sometimes they were cutting hours once you closed your availability.

Advice to Management

Help and understand your employees

10. "Produce Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Produce Sales Associate in Las Cruces, NM
    Former Employee - Produce Sales Associate in Las Cruces, NM

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits, quarterly bonus opportunities depending on store performance. ( not much $250), room for advancement if you work hard and get along with management. Did eventually get the opportunity to become a pharmacy technician.

Cons

No over time, hard to get hired as a Full-Time associate.

Advice to Management

Need to focus more on lower level associates since they are the ones interacting with customers and creating those first impressions.

Showing 14 of 37,874 reviews