Walmart Reviews in League City, TX | Glassdoor

3.2
Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • good pay Work hours lots of extra shift if you are willing to work (in 1271 reviews)

• Amazing work life balance for an man level job (in 265 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be a serious challenge (in 759 reviews)

• They schedule u an 38 hours so they don't have to give full time benifits (in 1122 reviews)

1. "Stocker"

Former Employee - Stocker in League City, TX
    Former Employee - Stocker in League City, TX

I worked at Walmart (Less than a year)

Pros

We had very good hours

Cons

The work was very hard

Advice to Management

Keep doing a good job

2. "It's okay"

Current Employee - Customer Service in League City, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service in League City, TX

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Guarenteed 36-40 hrs
    Bonuses
    Flexible

Cons

Management favoritism
    Not enough promotions

Advice to Management

Be more understandable and stop choosing favorites

3. "Customer Service Managers were the worst ever."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in League City, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in League City, TX

Pros

Get to make a lot of people smile.

Cons

You have a lot of rude customers everyday,

Advice to Management

Teach your CSM's to not be entirely rude to everyone.!

4. "Not for the faint of heart"

Current Employee - Department Manager in League City, TX
    Current Employee - Department Manager in League City, TX

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You know that they company will be there tomorrow, even if you cannot afford to put food on the table.

Cons

As an employee, you are treated like the scum of the Earth. Even if Warehouse cannot deliver products to the store, it will be your fault and you will be held responsible. Management definitely finds them above everything, and the morales the company was based on have been thrown out the window. I see managers retaliate against employees because the employee went higher, according to the open door policy, this shouldn't happen, but the care for employees are not longer there. It has become a "stab in the back" atmosphere for work. You will be thrown under the bus at some point of working here.

As a department manager, you are spread so thin, but still held responsible for what doesn't get done in your area. You will have to spend a lot of time (perhaps weeks) in other departments, but if your price changes don't get done or your department needs aren't met, you will be written up. But then again, if your projects in other departments aren't completed, you will be written up as well. It is an employment based on paranoia,

Work/life ratio is non-existent. You are required not to have a life outside of this place, because your schedule can be changed in a moments notice. I have had my bosses come up to me at 14 minutes before I leave for work on Friday and tell me, "Which day this weekend are you working, you have to pick one." Or, "Go home, you need to be back at work at 10pm tonight" You are expected to bend over backwards for no gratitude. And management goes by a completely different schedule. Last Thanksgiving, I worked 58 hours in a 72 hour period, because it was expected. But no upper management was held to those same standards. This year will be worse, and it will go downhill from here.

Stress levels are off the chain. In the past year, one Assistant Manager has been hospitalized for heart issues, Store manager and co-manager have been medically demanded to control tempers, most Assistants are on medication, I have had three zone managers quit on me, there has been close to a 75% turn over rate in department managers, you can't move up because those above you are stepping down, employees are walking out daily, and we have had two department managers DIE (yes, that is DIE as in DEAD, body pickup on aisle 14) on shift in the store due to stress issues, and this is just in the past 12 months.

Too many other cons to list at this time..... But this is a scratch of the iceberg.

Showing 4 of 35,098 reviews