Walmart Reviews in Lebanon, IN | Glassdoor

Updated 8 Jul 2017

4.4
Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon
  1. "Customer Availability Process"

Current Employee - Customer Availability Process in Lebanon, IN

I have been working at Walmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

It was a friendly environment with good pay. The workers always moved at a fast pace allowing us all to finish what was set out for us.

Cons

The managers and supervisors hover over your work constantly. Constant questions slowed work more than it should have.

Advice to Management

Do not hover over your workers while they try to complete their duty. The management would also change schedules constantly, nothing was ever repetitive.

Walmart2017-07-08
  2. "Customer service associate"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Lebanon, IN

I have been working at Walmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

I get to help people by solving their issues with the products they buy.

Cons

They don't work with my schedule as they said they would with me being a single mother.

Advice to Management

Take the time to put yourself in the employees shoes.

Walmart2016-11-18
  3. "Good semi-temporary job"

Current Employee - Deli Sales Associate in Lebanon, IN

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Walmart is now, after the minimum pay raise, a decent place to work. It is a good place for people to start out and get some experience. I would not however, recommend this job for a long term career. The people you work with are normally very friendly, and problems don't tent to occur often.

Cons

Understaffed locations. Be aware of this, make sure you ask about how well the store your applying for is staffed,

Advice to Management

Pay heed to your employees needs and concerns, and hire people as people leave.

Walmart2015-07-02

"A company of great people, but detrimentally caught up in corporate micromanagement and numbers"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lebanon, IN

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company had a fantastic founder. There are many good policies, such as lunch and break periods, non-profit donation matching, store-level involvement in community service, and a critical need trust. At a store level, I have worked with many friendly, caring individuals.

Cons

This company feels too large and controlled by its corporate office. Items have been discontinued because at the corporate level they aren't high sellers, but these are items frequently requested at the store level. As a store associate you don't have the power to keep these items, unfortunately. The ability to move within the company can be hindered if a store's associate type ratios aren't within certain... guidelines, or if you haven't made the right impression with the right member of management.

Advice to Management

Give more power over product varieties to department managers: those people who are working more closely with your customers and better understand their needs. Fill positions in the store based on need, and carefully consider each individual who is interested in the position even if you have someone in mind already. Keep all promises you make, or at least explain to those involved why the promise needs to be... broken. Walmart has a solid history. Never forget the lessons Sam Walton taught us.

Walmart2012-06-10