Walmart Managing Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Doug McMillon
  1. "Walmart Corporate"

Former Employee - Associate Operations Manager

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company to work for. Strong corporate culture. Large enough company to encourage internal networking and exploring work on different teams. Conservative compared to other bay area jobs with frugality in benefits and job perks but scale of work adds a lot of job satisfaction.

Cons

Corporate bureaucracy - frequent presentations, reports, check-ins, etc.

Walmart2019-04-21
  2. "Technology role in Bentonville"

Current Employee - Associate Technical Project Manager in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Walmart Technology has great leadership, culture, and the resources to enhance your skills/experience in the field of technology.

Cons

The business and technology are located in separate facilities, so meeting with business stakeholders requires frequent traveling from one campus facility to another or using conference call tools. These conditions are in the process of changing.

Walmart2019-01-10

"Associate Marketing Manager"

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing work life balance for an man level job. Small work force so you get a lot of responsibility early on.

Cons

Living in Bentonville sucks.

Walmart2017-07-25

"Okay job, if you get on managements good side"

Current Employee - Toys Sales Associate/Secondary Department Manager in Hamburg, NY

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health insurancd after a year Pay is above minimum wage Most postions are easy to fulfill Most department managers are kind You are give your schedule 3 weeks in advance

Cons

You are expected to learn and cover departments that have a higher pay margin without compensation. If you're a decent worker prepare to be taken advantage of Hours are constantly cut, and no one is allowed overtime They constantly find ways to cut our bonuses and raises No longer offer holiday pay Understaffed Only allowed 9 sick days for 6 months Must request days off at least a month in advance Biweekly pay...

Advice to Management

Treat your good employees better, stop keeping around bums, allow for more sick time, go back to the old backroom process.

Walmart2016-07-17
  5. "Associate Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Associate Marketing Manager in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Walmart for more than a year

Pros

Incredible scale and huge budgets Great middle management leaders Constantly looking for innovation Walmart CEO has great vision for growth

Cons

Honestly there are only a few cons. The area is small and if you want to live near a big city this might not work for you. Marketing must adapt and change constantly. If you don't like change, you definitely wouldn't like it here.

Advice to Management

Keep after the omni-channel goal to align dotcom and Walmart Stores

Walmart2015-12-12
  6. "Pros and Cons"

Current Employee - Sales Associate, Former Department Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good working environment. Able to work within different departments if you show the initiative and drive. Flexible on scheduling, if you need time off they are understanding. Upper management is approachable.

Cons

Pay. It can be unfortunate that they sometimes neglect the workers that go above and beyond. Raises should be by merit, they are in a way, but those who are the best may recieve the same as a weak worker. Accountability is a major concern.

Advice to Management

PAY your good people what they deserve. Im not blowing my own horn, but im underpaid for the job that i do. Reward the best, the will stay even longer. Hold people accountable.

Walmart2015-09-06
  7. "Most lied about employer ever"

Current Employee - Sales Associate Former Department Manager in Antioch, CA

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

OK, the starting pay is low (though about to get better) but the reputation for no or minimal benefits is just a lie. I hated having to go on Medicare because the Walmart healthcare plan I chose was better and cheaper. After one year I got a week's vacation, after two, two weeks, after 7, 3 and now, after 15 years four weeks. And I now make $16 or so an hour as a sales floor associate. They do have sick time off and after...

Cons

Mainly pay. Many complain about having to work holidays, evenings etc. but my take is that this is a retail company that does most of its business when others are not working and that means most of the hours need to be scheduled when people want to be off. My one big gripe is that to get extra pay for working overnights you have to be classified as an overnight associate. Over 15 years I have probably worked six months...

Advice to Management

Make any associate who works an overnight shift eligible for the overnight premium regardless of job classification.

Walmart2015-08-17
  8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Marketing Manager in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Walmart

Pros

The supportive environment and friendly people make this a great place to work. Fantastic benefits and work/life balance

Cons

Depending on what your priorities are in a location, there isn't much in terms of area culture/history. Lots of outdoor activities.

Walmart2014-09-14
  9. "I enjoyed my time at Wal Mart"

Former Employee - Associate Manager

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good training. Everyone there was a joy to work with.

Cons

I can't really think of anything,

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Walmart2013-12-26
  10. "Very exciting"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

salary,respect ,advancements in positions,open door policy

Cons

medical benefits,sometimes lack of communication

Advice to Management

We need a way of communication with all members of management,maybe some one on one training.

Walmart2012-09-11