Walmart Merchandising Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon
Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance is challenging at times(in 884 reviews)

• "Your practically work full-time hour with no benifits(in 1188 reviews)

1. "Great place to work, speciations are high. A lot of opportunities to grow"

Current Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Ruskin, FL

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Stability Good benefits Opportunity to grow Fast paced Good coworkers Good management team Flexible with schedules Good profit sharing Good incentives if you work hard

Cons

Not enough associates to get everything done. Process required by corporate seem redundant. Little to no training. Company still need to catch up with new technologies

"Fine, but it can take a bit to progress with all the competition"

Current Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Lots of career options Varied workplace No day is the same Good for networking you just have to make the effort to go to committee meetings

Cons

Time in chair No windows Parking can be a hassle so leaving for lunch or coming in late in the morning can be a long exercise

3. "Merchandise Specialist"

Current Employee - Merchandise Specialist in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Definitely is a meritocracy, everyone I work with is interested in my development, very willing to help out. If you objectively perform well, you're rewarded. There's lots of places to go in the company for a hard worker. The merch specialist position specifically is a great place to start towards the buyer role.

Cons

The job itself is a lot of inputing data into systems, helping the buyers however you can, you might call it "gruntish". I really wish the company would do more for the employees in terms of perks. The cafeteria is expensive and not that good. Not that many complaints though.

Advice to Management

I think the vision and strategy for the company is right on, the thing about walmart is it's so huge your experience can vary so much by wherever you are. The management I'm closest to is doing a great job.

Found 3 reviews