Walmart Reviews in Muskogee, OK | Glassdoor

Doug McMillon
  1. "It's ok"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Muskogee, OK

I worked at Walmart part-time

Pros

The pay is good. Some of the other workers were a bit rude. And there's always customers around, some of them could be rude as well. It's not the best place to work. At least I don't recommend the one in my town. But the pay is worth it for part time or even full time.

Cons

Rude worker, rude customers, every day is always a busy day, you always have to do something even if it's not in your assigned area to work.

Advice to Management

Work on having someone keep a better eye on the different areas everyone is supposed to be working in the different areas. Make sure everyones doing there job, not slacking off and making someone else do the job they we're supposed to be doing plus the job that person already has to do. (Seriously the person doing 2 jobs instead of one or more then that; because someone else is being lazy, and ran off to talk with... friends or take an un scheduled smoke: should get a big bonus on there next check)

Walmart2017-10-03
  2. "Department manager"

in Muskogee, OK

I worked at Walmart

Pros

Low pay long hours store managers can be difficult sometimes

Cons

Great co workers, used to have great stock share I don't know if they still do

Walmart2017-01-11
  3. "Working at Walmart was hot and tiring."

Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Muskogee, OK

I worked at Walmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the employees were nice to work with.

Cons

The heat, rude customers, the machines not working correctly, managers who don't care about their employees and they have you work full time hours but only call it part time so you can't get benefits.

Advice to Management

Be nicer and kinder to the ones doing the manual labor,

Walmart2014-09-08
  4. "Making $7.60 & in 3 years going up to $8.00, $6.88+ after taxes. This lets me get money from the state."

OVER NIGHT STALKER in Muskogee, OK

I worked at Walmart

Pros

Making $7.60 & in 3 years going up to $8.00, $6.88+ after taxes. This lets me get money from the state It is better than eating ramen for an month! Yes I did.

Cons

Many workers got fired attendance reasons. Missing 7 days out of 6 months 182 days. Walmart also does not accept work releases, you missed the day it counts against you! Or productivity issues for not doing their standard of one 2500 lbs pallet in 45 minutes when it takes you 10 or 15 to pull out the pallet out from the back with a bad jack! Walmart does not give vacation time, only if you are in a union!

Advice to Management

Let the workes start a union. There are many workers standing up more than ever, it is just a matter of time! People / Shoppers see what is going on, many stand up with the workers.

Walmart2010-03-24