Walmart Reviews in Oviedo, FL | Glassdoor

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Teams run very lean which leads to a poor work life balance (in 627 reviews)

• If you want full time you need to be gradfathered in or be a manager (in 1011 reviews)

1. "Overnight Crew"

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Oviedo, FL
    Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Oviedo, FL

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible, fun hardworking friendly crew

Cons

Have no real downsides to list

2. "Permanently Part time whether you want to be or not."

Current Employee - Walmart Cashier in Oviedo, FL
    Current Employee - Walmart Cashier in Oviedo, FL

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

My manager is an absolute gem, he is generous and listens to concerns and tries to take action when needed.

Cons

Walmart policies make working here difficult at times. Pay is very low and everyone around me is on welfare and food stamps. Almost everyone around me has a second job, because they need more money and another job offers benefits they can't get here. I have been working for Walmart for 9 years and I earn all benefits at a part time rate since I am categorized as a part time employee. (I work an average of 34-36 hours a week) I get about 2 paid 8 hour sick days a year and 4 paid 8 hour vacation days a year on average. Asking for time off for family events like weddings, birthdays, christenings, baby showers as well as time off for other important events like funerals, doctor appointments for yourself or your children are very difficult. ( I have literally covered the shift of a friend of mine so she could attend a cousins funeral-- funeral attendance IS considered an acceptable reason to call off from work, if they are immediate family ONLY. ie: mother, father, grandparents, siblings.) Being in a 24 hour a day store, which most Walmart's are, you will likely work every holiday but Christmas, most evenings, and every single weekend.

Advice to Management

Work to raise our pay, and give us the tools and job aids we need to do our jobs. It is frustrating to continuously look for job aids, cleaners, paper towels, as well as contenting with machines that break down on almost a daily basis. Please fix the registers and computers that break down daily and replace the bar code guns which work when they feel like it.

3. "Depends on your store"

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Associate in Oviedo, FL
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Associate in Oviedo, FL

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible with students, room to advance, stability of store.

Cons

Minimum training, low pay, employees are replaceable.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more if you want the high preforming ones to stay.

4. "Great job depending upon the manager"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oviedo, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oviedo, FL

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are better than my current local government job, much better heath care, dental and even 401k beats my pension.

Cons

Revolving door of management makes routine and expectations vary year to year and high turn over of employees can hurt store moral.

Advice to Management

Create consistency in expectations and stop rotating managerial shifts (daytime/nighttime) and stop transferring managers from store to store.

Showing 4 of 29,907 reviews