Walmart Reviews in Price, UT | Glassdoor

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "good pay Work hours lots of extra shift if you are willing to work" (in 1399 reviews)

• "Best environment, work life balance" (in 289 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance sometimes not there" (in 838 reviews)

• "They schedule u an 38 hours so they don't have to give full time benifits" (in 1167 reviews)

"Manager for resteraunt"

Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Price, UT
    Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Price, UT

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

To be doing something productive. And being around people,as well as fellow teammates. Learning new skills and having fun with it.

Cons

Your not always going to get along with everyone! And some days you'll be running constantly. And you don't always get the shift you would prefer, or days off either.Lea

Advice to Management

Leave your problems at home.focus and pay attention to the worker's, that do their best. Let your team know when they are doing job well.Don't get involved in just one side of a story.Listen to both,at the same time.And never reprimand your employees in front of anyone else.

"Pharmacy Cashier"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Cashier in Price, UT
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Cashier in Price, UT

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

When you work in the pharmacy you get in my opinion the best work schedule in the store. The health insurance premiums are affordable if you insure just yourself not your family or spouse if have them. Over all they are a good company to work for.

Cons

I really don't like how they changed the pay. Yes it went from 7.65 to start to 9.00. This is something that should have been done YEARS ago. Then they changed the yearly increase from a min of .40 to a percentage of 1% min. You also have a workload that is insane at times.

Advice to Management

Think about employee retention more than the bottom line in order to keep good employees AFTER you have hired them look at ways to keep them happy ie pay raises should be better give us something that will at least keep up with inflation. Remember advancement/promotion is not for every employee worth keeping.

3. "A good job to have."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Price, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Price, UT

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with fun to get to know customers.

Cons

Benefits sucked and pay was way low.

Advice to Management

Management was great.

4. "I like working for Walmart, but wish position advancement was faster."

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Price, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Price, UT

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In my store, it's easy to get along with other associates and supervisors. Quarterly bonuses and yearly raises are easy to obtain if you simply do your job the right way.

Cons

Pay is a little low, but still better than most local competition. I've been having a bit of difficulty advancing positions. Management and home office will often speak against the associates who are simply following company policy.

Advice to Management

Listen to associates ideas and back them up.

Showing 4 of 38,279 reviews