Walmart Reviews in Seneca, SC | Glassdoor

2.9
Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "good pay Work hours lots of extra shift if you are willing to work" (in 1320 reviews)

• "great work life balance, shorter commute" (in 273 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance sometimes not there" (in 782 reviews)

• "They schedule u an 38 hours so they don't have to give full time benifits" (in 1140 reviews)

1. "challenging, rewarding, motivating"

Former Employee - Co-Manager in Seneca, SC
    Former Employee - Co-Manager in Seneca, SC

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Company, Community involvement , Career advancement,

Cons

Former managers have difficult time applying

Advice to Management

Make it easier for former managers to apply online.

2. "Demanding"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Seneca, SC
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Seneca, SC

I worked at Walmart (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay. Never a dull day. Interact with a lot of people daily. Vacation time adds up quickly. Strong history and is stable

Cons

Lack of help. Expected to word all the time. Upper management is never consistent from the divisional level down directions change constantly.

Advice to Management

Run routines and spend payroll on cap, 3rd and front end

3. "Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Seneca, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Seneca, SC

I worked at Walmart part-time

Pros

Working with customers, coworkers, keeping busy

Cons

Will not work with hours, if you can only work certain hours you can forget it.

Advice to Management

Take in to consideration, of employees family life I worked at Walmart and loved it, but me and my ex-husband separated for domestic abuse and I had 4 children they would not work with my hours.

4. "hourly associate."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seneca, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seneca, SC

Pros

the ONLY reason , its a pay check! and well, some of the other workers can become good friends.

Cons

they talk and treat you like crap, MAKE you do other than your job , talk down to you and about you , change you schedule without your consent or without even notifying you and do not take your abilities into consideration. plus more!

Advice to Management

wake up and act at least like you care about ALL employees and not just ones your all buddy buddy with !!!!

5. ""Respect for the Individual" is a thing of the past."

Former Employee - Operations Assistant Manager in Seneca, SC
    Former Employee - Operations Assistant Manager in Seneca, SC

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The only reason to ever consider Walmart is, if you are applying from the outside, management salaries are very competitive. However, if you promote from within, you gain nothing. Plus, if you already work for Walmart, hopefully, you know better than to apply for management. They are treated poorly and, in turn, treat hourly associates poorly.

Cons

As management, you are over worked. You never work ONLY your scheduled shift. Many store managers will work you far beyond your scheduled hours. My last store manager worked myself and other salaried managers over 16 hours a day. We were belittled and threatened with our jobs daily. There is no avenue for open door. If you decide to do that you will be met with a complete brick wall.....no help. In fact, you will make your situation much worse. Any conversation you have with market office will be told to your store manager before you go in for your next shift. Good luck with that.

Advice to Management

Market level managers, store managers and asset protection managers should be required to change markets and/or stores at regular intervals. Working in the same store for many years is not only a negative for store sales/productivity, it also promotes poor/unfair employee relations. Many managers cannot see what is right before (integrity, etc.) because it may involve people they have worked with several years. Change is needed. Sam Walton would be ashamed of how people are treated

6. "not satisfactory"

Former Employee - Stocker in Seneca, SC
    Former Employee - Stocker in Seneca, SC

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

a check and a day

Cons

management policies low pay people

Advice to Management

get a clue it isn't all about u

7. "Life's experience with the giant in retail!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Seneca, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Seneca, SC

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to move from ground floor to lower management and above is available if aggressiveness is part of one's daily performance!

Cons

Training is lacking when shortness of staff has become overwhelming to all involved with schedules not consistent week to week depriving all from proper sleep!

Advice to Management

Utilizing staff is very important with priority being customer is always #1 and hiring part-time associates and allowing them to have preference over full-time associates should be improved to 5yr service milestone and above with impeccable work ethics showing consistent improvement and performance shown and heard during yearly evaluation!

Showing 7 of 36,730 reviews