Walmart Reviews in Solon, OH | Glassdoor

Solon, OH

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

• good pay Work hours lots of extra shift if you are willing to work (in 1192 reviews)

• Amazing work life balance for an man level job (in 258 reviews)

• Work life balance benefits restructuring (in 721 reviews)

• part time workers dont get benefits like full time (in 1090 reviews)

1. "Could be a great place to work."

Former Employee - ICS Associate in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - ICS Associate in Solon, OH

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 3 years)

I loved working with the customers, and my fellow employees all the way up to management (with a few exceptions) were great people. Management worked with me to get a stable schedule, so I was able to have a life outside of work.

Promotions go to those who kiss butt the best. Since I refuse to do so I never got promoted, and even got passed over for interviews for promotions to positions that I would have excelled at. Management really didn't seem to care about employees ideas to help better the company. Holiday hours were downright wrong. I don't know if they know what a raise is.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. I think Sam would be saddened by what wal mart has/is turning into. Your employees really are your best idea generators. Reward hard workers with raises and promotions based on their performance. Cut your holiday hours. Wal-Mart really could be a great place to work. It saddened me to leave, because I saw the potential, but it was stifled by inhouse politics, favoritism, and a lack of respect for lower ranked employees.

Showing 1 of 33,991 review