Walmart Reviews in Washington State | Glassdoor

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance sometimes not there" (in 853 reviews)

• "They schedule u an 38 hours so they don't have to give full time benifits" (in 1172 reviews)

1. "Freshness production worker"

Current Employee - Freshness Production in Longview, WA
    Current Employee - Freshness Production in Longview, WA

I have been working at Walmart (Less than a year)

Pros

Great if you don't mind working a lot.

Cons

They do not stick to Walmart best. They have people in freshness side that has where they can't work all the hours that we are supposed to there's too many of them that have where they have to be off by 5. Which leaves one person to cover the night shift every night. Which I would have been reading if you work on fresh as you're not supposed to have anyone that cannot work all hours. But they are allowing yet

2. "Cap 2"

Former Employee - Cap II Associate in Poulsbo, WA
    Former Employee - Cap II Associate in Poulsbo, WA

I worked at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Only non management position that is able to get 40 hrs plus overtime was given to those willing to put the work in. Learned many transferable skills.

Cons

The amount of work they expect you to do in the time given is unrealistic especially if you do it "one best way". Serious disconnect between upper managements ideas of how things should be done and actual practical application of those principals.

3. "Decent"

Former Employee - Sales in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Sales in Spokane, WA

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was ok. Hours were ok

Cons

Management
    Employees were dime a dozen

"cashier/overnight stocker"

Former Employee - Front End Cashier/Overnight Stocker in Arlington, WA
    Former Employee - Front End Cashier/Overnight Stocker in Arlington, WA

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

co workers front end cashiers are like family and regular customers

Cons

rude customers, your honesty is dismissed with managment team about theft their additude about theft is "nothing we can do about it don.t accuse them of stealing: even though as employee is an eyewitness to the theft, Also employees are not allowed use another customer as an eye witness to another customer that is bulling you as the employee and another customer who is a eyewintess is willing to testify of the bulling act of another customer; management refuse to listen to eyewitness account. management is write up happy. Have to show a bully rude obnoxious customer as employee show your afraid by hiding behind the register in tobacco register, while you figure how get a mananger to help you out . while you place yourself in front of the bully customer not allowed to defend yourself or you get written up. take care of customers even though you told to go on break by a manager but they want you still help a customers at your register even though there are self checkout registers at overnight and you go past your break time and managers refuse to help to let you go on break. they go disappear in back and there's no front end csm to help you on front end. And store manager has same policy Assistant mangers do not take part of cashiering to help with the customers their job is to run the store not back up cashier is not their job.

Advice to Management

use eyewitness account let employee defend to a bully customer trust the employee hear them out. care more about the theft in the store. Team means jump in at front register and release cashiers to breaks don't walk away and refuse to help. more you take care of your associates the more the better customer service the employee will do when you take care of your employees. accept different strength and weakness in each individually to make a whole team.Don't except everyone do work the same pace and be same flower. We are diverse that what makes us great. please stop expecting the work load finished by lunch time. stop expecting to work 60 box's per hour is very unreasonable when dealing with the public. The customer service is the lowest expection to employee when the employee is expected to finish his or her work by lunch time and 60 box's per hour to be done. Stop comparing your self what you can do and comparing each employee to another employee work skills.that's poor management skills and not accepting our differences as employees.

"My overnight work experience."

Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Bremerton, WA
    Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Bremerton, WA

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's hard not to get 40 hours

Cons

As with any overnight position it's hard to adjust to the work schedule

Advice to Management

Keep the positive attitude and stay straight forward

6. "Awesome"

Former Employee - Clerk in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Clerk in Spokane, WA

I worked at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great wage for entry level

Cons

Under staffed, it gets busy

Advice to Management

More efficiency needed

7. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Everett, WA

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Associates make you a success

Cons

Not enough Associates leaving responsibilities on you

Advice to Management

Stay positive and develop your Associates

8. "Walmart Associate"

Former Employee - Cashier in Pasco, WA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Pasco, WA

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Walmart does hire you based on what type of hours that you need. For instance, you may only be available 20 hours. They are more than willing to give many people small amount of hours versus long hours for a few people.

Cons

I am not into the part of retail work that times you for how fast and how many customers that you get through your lines. That puts me at stress especially when you have heavy items and trying to sling them across to scan is hard laborious work even for a cashier job. Most people are ignorant about those type of situations.It is a strenuous, physical job it really.It is difficult working for a company of that size that sells many tiny products to humongous products.

Advice to Management

I do not know exactly what reward systems are in place because I was not there long enough before I landed another job. Workers should definitely be rewarded monetarily for the hard work all of the employees, monthly bonus, or something.

9. "Sporting goods associate"

Former Employee - Sporting Goods Sales Associate in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Sporting Goods Sales Associate in Everett, WA

I worked at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

got a 10%discount after 90 days

Cons

bad management, horrible cleaning , lots of theft by both staff and customers

Advice to Management

pay better attention, better communication, new higher trained approachable managers and department heads

"Front End Cashier"

Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Battle Ground, WA
    Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Battle Ground, WA

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy hire...maintain proper lunch times and breaks.

Cons

Most associates are struggling ...on Food stamps...not enough full time positions open...schedules are all over the clock.

Advice to Management

Pay needs to meet above poverty standards...liveable wage per geographic inflation. More availability for positive options to benefits and rentable income.

Showing 319 of 38,723 reviews