I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 8 years)
* great management environment
* lots of professional resources
* lots of intelligent and talented people
* will spend a half dozen man hours to audit a $200 purchase
* takes forever to get things budgeted (financial and engineering/technical resources) so projects take 20x as long as they need to
* company doesn't devote enough time to professional development (sending the minions on company functions, trips, conferences, etc.)
* seriously, all of the directors and VPs travel a ton to the same functions every year but I can't get a critical flight to see my counterparts in San Bruno approved.
Advice to Management
Promote internally, don't be so rigid, maintain talent, take risks
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?