Walmart Reviews in Woodbridge, NJ | Glassdoor

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
Doug McMillon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance is challenging at times" (in 912 reviews)

• "Your practically work full-time hour with no benifits" (in 1200 reviews)

"Great opportunities if you are looking for them."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Woodbridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Woodbridge, NJ

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, great bonuses if you qualify.

Cons

Communication can be a little strained because of the rotation.

2. "Horrible"

Former Employee - Electronics Sales Associate in Woodbridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Electronics Sales Associate in Woodbridge, NJ

I worked at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

13.00 hr pay , nothing else

Cons

They dont care about they employees , managers are all ghetto

Advice to Management

Nothing they ghetto

3. "Soul-crushing Mess"

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Woodbridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Woodbridge, NJ

I have been working at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're looking for a paycheck then they got that going for them. You can also listen to podcasts while you work to drown out all the bitterness and anguish of your fellow employees.

Cons

It's different with every store I'm sure but at the store I'm at the people 65% of the people who work could care less, and honestly, why should they feel any differently? All the assistant managers act like children and actively try and take advantage of employees. They'll ask you if you can come in despite not being scheduled to and when you can't they'll try and guilt you into coming if they think they can get over on you.

Then there's the store experience. It's terrible. Who's idea was it to remove all the scanners and replace them with... nothing. Then theres the shelves themselves. You would think it would be pretty simple to keep track of what is in the back and what needs to come out front but you'd be wrong. Imagine having to stock shelves, a good portion of which are totally empty, except all the stock they sent out to be worked is useless because it's already on the shelf. So you have to send it back, except they don't want you to send it back, they want you to find a place for it or let them try. When they fail they begrudgingly accept.

Also, lets talk about the rampant unprofessionalism. Management, hourly associates, pretty much anyone. I've never heard such filthy language from people working in a professional environment. Then there's the fighting between hourly associates. See they've all segregated themselves into cultural groups so that hispanics stay with hispanics, whites with whites and so forth. Its intensely disturbing. They also ridicule the ever living crap out of everyone behind their backs. It's the worst and I go to work with the worst feeling in the pit of my stomach because I know I'm going to hate every single moment there.

Advice to Management

Here's a tip. Every employee has a smart phone right? Make an app that they all download that works as a price scanner for everything in the store. Also let the app scan the barcode on the shelf so that when you send out 4 boxes of stuff that is not going to fit because its already out there, I can just scan the code of the item that needs to be put out so that you know. Because you're wasting a lot of time with this disconnect between the back and the store shelves.

4. "Good Experience"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Woodbridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Woodbridge, NJ

Pros

You gain a lot of skills.

Cons

Hours are long. Culture is like the military, do this or else.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone the same. Don't show favoritism.

5. "Horrible the bosses are ghetto and rude and they do what they want"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Woodbridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Woodbridge, NJ

I have been working at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company doesn't offer any pros. Nice co-workers thats about it and you do have fun they give dinner for holidays.

Cons

Everything. You do everything round the store and dnt get a dollar more only 10% discounts.

Advice to Management

Need to hire an entire new management crew for Wal-mart starting with the store manager.

Showing 5 of 40,957 reviews