Walmart eCommerce Reviews

Updated May 7, 2021

3.4
Walmart eCommerce President & CEO of eCommerce Marc Lore
Marc Lore
Pros
  • "Great work life balance overall(in 141 reviews)

• "Great work environment , good pay(in 41 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Extended working hours with no work life balance(in 51 reviews)

• "Lots of red tape among upper management that can make day to day initiatives challenging(in 34 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Walmart eCommerce and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

making sure the clothes are stocked up and golded

Apr 30, 2021 - Apparel Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

good pay good benefits management nice

Cons

rude people little hours not that clean

2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Women engineers held to a high standard

Apr 1, 2021 - Software Engineer III
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is really good. The work is pretty easy, even when I am doing tasks outside of my job description. The individual contributors I've worked with

Cons

Women engineers are held to a significantly higher standard than men. I have yet to meet a trans of non-binary engineer, so there's not enough data to compare for non-cis people. Every time I've been up for a promotion I've been told that I need to be more of a leader. In order to prove myself as an x4 I apparently need to perform at x5 level. I'm not alone. This has happened to other high performing women at the x3 level who I know. When I've asked how I can actually be permitted, management has flat-out lied to me. The upper leadership of engineering doesn't care at all about attrition. They just pay a lot, so they can get new people without having to care about how many people churn through. They buy loyalty so they can treat their organization terribly. Recently, there's been an exodus of leadership and I can see why. Don't work here if you want to be a manager who likes people and cares about your reports. They will burn you out. Walmart does not want to see women engineers succeed. If you are looking to grow your career over the long term, go somewhere else.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

its a great company to work

Apr 20, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Very good incentives and pay which is on par with major tech companies in bay area 2. PTOs are flexible and has no limit 3 . Work - life balance will be good 2.

Cons

1. Walmart is trying to use its own proprietary tools and forces to use them though there are better technologies in market. This will reduce your resume weight compared to the ones work for startups

4. 4.0

Great people

May 3, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Very big company where you are one of many

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people, great culture!

Dec 23, 2015 - Project Manager in San Bruno, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can find some highly intelligent and strategic thinkers here. The company systematically rewards familial culture and creating personal relationships. Great place to work!

Cons

People are too nice and don't hold each other accountable to failure.

Continue reading
      181 people found this review helpful
    6. 3.0

Mixed bag

Feb 24, 2021 - Senior Data Scientist in Sunnyvale, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great work-life balance. Quite good pay, possibly some of the best hourly pay you can get if you are a fast worker. RSUs are behind peer companies but they seem to be catching up. - Interesting and impactful work, millions of people use the products I have worked on. - Obviously it depends on your individual manager, but on the whole management styles seem pretty hands off. I've been able to do my own thing.

Cons

- Massive diversity issues. Teams tend to be comprised of people who look and act like each other. If you aren't one of those people they don't shun you, but it's quickly obvious that conversations are happening without you. - You wait for the road map to be decided every quarter and then find out what you'll be working on. Little to no ability to pitch new ideas, individual contributors are perhaps even discouraged from offering something on top of what is asked of you. - As an individual contributor you are shielded from the corporate political shenanigans but it's obvious they're happening. Directors and even low-level managers are super cutthroat and suspicious of their peers. Cross functional efforts are messy and to be avoided. - 2-4 years between promotions is the norm. You'll have to simply wait people out.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company

May 1, 2021 - Product Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome work culture Quality work

Cons

Lack of growth opportunities Lack of knowledge sharing

8. 5.0

Great place to work

Apr 27, 2021 - Data Scientist
      Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance lots of data to analyze and interesting questions to tackle

Cons

can't think of any at the moment

9. 5.0

good company

Apr 30, 2021 - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance is good

Cons

nothing that bothers me in this company

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Walmart

May 7, 2021 - Ecommerce Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

The hours are good and the pay is decent.

Cons

Have to treat customers like they are gods and you are worth nothing.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,279 Reviews