Walser Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paul Walser and Andrew Walser

Pros
  • In terms of the environment it's a great place to work in sales for motivated people (in 6 reviews)

• Nice facilities, great training and opportunity to grow (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • attitude, pay and benefits are not much to write home about, working every Saturday and never having two days off in a row gets old fast (in 4 reviews)

• Long hours but in the car business that is normal (in 5 reviews)

1. "Used Vehicle Buyer"

Current Employee - Used Vehicle Buyer in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Used Vehicle Buyer in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Walser full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I came to this company with no sales experience and minimal experience in the auto industry. I had previously been a fleet manager at a police department but that was a far different field than this so I was a bit nervous. I was very pleased to find that they have a well established training staff and program that has been in place for quite some time to help you learn the field and better yourself. They also have continued training some required and some that is optional that you have access to as well. With multiple stores and the corporate location there is a lot of opportunity to move within the company either laterally or up as well depending on how you want your career to progress. I initially started out in sales before moving on to become a Used Vehicle Buyer at one of our other stores. I was very pleased with the pay and the attainable goals that are in place. The staff from the owners down are have all been very personable and great to work for and with. I wasn't sure when I started if this was a field of work that I could see myself working in long term, but now I can't see myself going anywhere else either. I have worked in a number of different career fields since graduating college 16 years ago and can honestly say that this has been the best company I've worked for.

Cons

None yet. Over 2 years with the company.

2. "My Home away from Home"

Current Employee - Sales in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Sales in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Walser full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

An amazing environment where you can grow within the automotive industry at any level. Tons of growth opportunity and you can choose your path of sales, leadership, service, or corporate. Training is hands on as well as classroom based learning. Everyone is committed to working hard and changing the way people buy a car!

Cons

Cannot work on Sunday
    The Automotive industry is not for the weak of heart or mind
    You hear no a lot

Advice to Management

Live by the values set forth by the Walsers of Displaying Positive Energy, Keeping an Open Mind, Leading By Example,

3. "Sales/Sales manager"

Current Employee - Used Car Manager in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Used Car Manager in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Walser full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Like having your own business, company generally cares about you, great opportunities for growth. I started in the call center and am now a manager or a department.

Cons

Having to work every Saturday can be considered a con, the nice thing is it is your busiest day.

Advice to Management

keep up the work life balance. KEEP GREG AS THE GM!!

5. "Sales"

Current Employee - Customer Specialist in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Walser full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Independent position, competitive pay structure, good environment, solid management

Cons

Challenging hours, weekend work required
    (inherent to any retail establishment)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

6. "Walser Honda - Customer Specialist"

Current Employee - Customer Specialist in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Walser full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a great team attitude at Walser. Starting out with an extensive training program truly gave me the tools I needed to be successful. One top of that, the management and veteran employees are there to look to for guidance, and willing to help. Great people, and great job.

Cons

Took a short period of time to get used to working Saturdays, but it really isn't that big of a con after adjusting.

7. "I've had the amazing opportunity of working for this great organization for over 20 years"

Current Employee - General Manager in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - General Manager in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Walser full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Walser is a company that values its employees and guests.

The organization is very progressive and is always looking for ways to streamline the car ownership, service and purchasing experience.

We have been a no haggle dealership for nearly 15 years. We also enhance the car buying process by allowing for our guests to work with one person throughout the entire process from hello all the way to the final paperwork. This allows for a more personal and efficient buying process.

Lastly - the organization invests heavily in promoting from within and investing more in training and personal development than anyone in the industry

Give us a look !

Cons

Not many. Outside of some challenging hours that accompany a retail environment it's a wonderful company with a solid leadership team and a strong strategic plan for growth in and exciting industry.

Advice to Management

Stay true to our Core Values

8. "Coon Rapids Nissan - Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales in Coon Rapids, MN
    Current Employee - Sales in Coon Rapids, MN

I have been working at Walser full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Coon Rapids Nissan is a partner with Walser, and likewise has implemented their "Best Price Philosophy" and Non-Commission pay structure. This makes it more about the customer experience and truthfully... it makes the sales process fun and fair for everyone involved.
    - The compensation plan at our store is a little different then some of the other Walser stores, but allows for uncapped potential. You are definitely rewarded for your efforts, and you will get out of it what you put into it.
    -Outside of your direct paycheck from Walser, there is potential for extra bonuses from Nissan which also have some pretty hefty potential.
    -Room to grow. Half of the current management staff started in sales here at this particular store.
    -Sundays and one other weekday off. Two morning and two evening shifts during the week. Helps with the work to life balance of being a Sales Consultant.
    -Free pizza lunch on Saturdays.
    -Management wants to help you succeed, and though competition is always expected in a sales profession, veteran sales staff are always helpful with feedback too.
    -Nissan is an excellent brand.

Cons

The cons for this job are not so much cons, but things that you need to be prepared for that will align with any career in sales:
    -Sales is Challenging and Competitive, and only you are responsible for your paycheck.
    -The wrong person for this job will find ways to be bored when the floor gets slow, and the right person for this job doesn't understand boredom... they'll use social media, or their CRM tool to find customers. You have to be proactive all the time.
    -Many customers are great, but you have to be ready for the difficult ones; and you have to keep your head up even when a day is tough and a customer is tougher. Be positive always.
    -Be ready to multitask, and expect a little pressure from management to get it done right and quickly.
    -Expect constructive criticism.

Advice to Management

None at this time. Management truthfully does an excellent job at this store.

9. "Amazing opportunity to find what you are great at and passionate about!"

Current Employee - Management in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Management in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Walser full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent opportunities for growth and to learn any aspect of business that you chose. I am proud to say that I came to Walser after a failed career choice and with no prior sales or business experience I was able to find a home at Walser. This company gives endless opportunity if you display their core values with passion.

Cons

No real downsides if you are willing and able to work hard to accomplish your goals.

Advice to Management

Paul, Andrew, and the rest of the company truly want to create the greatest place for customers and employees.

10. "Two years and counting"

Current Employee - Customer Specialist in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Customer Specialist in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Walser full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working in a negotiation free sales environment. I can focus on getting my customers excited about vehicle features and benefits and don't have to worry about trying to fleece them or take advantage of them. The car deals are straightforward and if the customer sees the value you propose they'll buy. I also appreciate the pay plan. Having a solid base takes the pressure off of you, and then with goal based incentives you have the opportunity to earn much more.

Cons

You'll have to get used to working the odd hours. I work two mornings, two evenings, and EVERY Saturday. Then I have one weekday off and Sunday. Saturdays are the biggest day by far so don't expect to get many off. I don't mind this schedule but some might.

11. "Walser Business Development Center (BDC)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

I worked at Walser full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-get $10 bonus for every appt. that shows

Cons

-Boss yells, she creates high stress environment
    -disorganized, employees are swamped with to-do's

Advice to Management

-Shorten follow up process and to-do's