Walt Disney Animation Studios Reviews
70% would recommend to a friend
(100 total reviews)
53% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "great people to work with" (in 24 reviews)
- "Competitive pay, possibly the best in the animation industry" (in 6 reviews)
- "The benefits are good." (in 6 reviews)
- "Great managers Fun work environment" (in 5 reviews)
- "Extremely supportive teams and fulfilling projects for artists, extremely collaborative atmosphere during fully remote work" (in 5 reviews)
- "Artists work hours off the clock to meet these deadlines, and management turns a blind eye to it because there is no other option." (in 4 reviews)
- "Sometimes middle management can be very set in their ways." (in 3 reviews)
- "Long hours, no work/life balance, stressful" (in 3 reviews)
- "Frequent layoffs and reorganizations makes it a tense environment at times." (in 3 reviews)
- "They talk a good game about doing big things and I think they mean well, but they're indecisive, there is a crazy amount of micromanagement, and they play favorites so you better be real good at politics." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Walt Disney Animation Studios and is not affected by filters.
Found 100 of over 137 reviews
Updated Sep 22, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Aug 31, 2023Staff WriterFormer EmployeeGlendale, CA
Great people. Fun perks. Wish I could have stayed longer.
Just for the show I was on. Let go when it wrapped. Did not lead to other jobs.
- 5.0Aug 25, 2023Key AssistantFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsLake Buena Vista, FL
All the thrills of working on amazing stories and a great company. Like minded work ethics
Competitive nature because everyone wants the best. Some long overtime runs.
- 4.0Aug 6, 20233D AnimatorFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsBurbank, CA
Amazing people. Never one issue with a co worker. Everyone is very kind and helpful.
No long term job security. They are ok with disposing you even if you are extremely dedicated.
- 2.0May 1, 2023Production CoordinatorFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsBurbank, CA
Incredible artists and coworkers who want to collaborate Experience depends on the supervisor and upper leadership values
Arbitrary or unclear reasons for why one is not promoted. Unfortunate carrot holding for one to "chase more stretch opportunities" which honor the show needs but not catered to clear supportive steps for success in one's career growth or personal expansion.
- 5.0Mar 9, 2023CG LighterFormer Employee, less than 1 yearBurbank, CA
Lots of activities, free food, and great work culture.
Seems like most people hired in the past 5 years are on rolling contracts
- 4.0Oct 26, 20223D AnimatorCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsBurbank, CA
Great pay and stability (if you're staff). World-class education in the craft.
Overtime can be a grind. Boring if you like variety or intimate teams. Organization favors convention, not innovation.
Walt Disney Animation Studios Reviews FAQs
Walt Disney Animation Studios has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 137 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at Walt Disney Animation Studios to a friend and 38% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
70% of Walt Disney Animation Studios employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Walt Disney Animation Studios 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.