Walters & Wolf Reviews | Glassdoor

Randy Wolf

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I worked at Walters & Wolf full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are supportive and helpful. Management doesn't micromanage for the glass company.

Cons

Some cliquey and gossipy behavior. Sometimes unreasonable deadlines.

Advice to Management

It's very difficult for your employees to produce standard work on a standard time schedule when every job is unique/custom and requires so much back and forth with the outside customers. Acknowledging this to employees instead of living in a world of denial that every project is a straightforward glass box would be huge.

2. "Exercise Caution"

Former Employee - Manager in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Fremont, CA

I worked at Walters & Wolf full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Focused on improvement, fairly organized.

Cons

Extreme nepotism. Lots of unmotivated people with little experience.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring family members....it rarely works out. Be more humble.

3. "glazier"

Former Employee - Glazier in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Glazier in Fremont, CA

I worked at Walters & Wolf full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

organize, professional and very strict on safety would love to work for them again here in las vegas

Cons

no cons at all good company to work for

4. "Walters and Wolf Precast, D&E"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Walters & Wolf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing opportunity with tons of potential for career advancement. Work in D&E and receive excellent instruction and training. The people there are great to work with and management are extremely understanding and flexible. Contrary to what others have said, the current management will absolution sign for your PE.

Cons

Work can be a bit challenging and fast paced and some of the plant staff can be a bit rough around the edges.

Advice to Management

Keep striving for continual improvement and the department will continue to be an excellent place to work. I have always felt like I have been treated fairly and given the opportunity to learn and improve my skills and experience.

5. "I'm currently employed by Walters &Wolf this company is very unique. I feel grateful to work for such an amazing company"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Walters & Wolf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay well and have great benefits. Most of the employees are passionate and positive which creates a great work environment. Always a chance to move up.

Cons

At times I find it a bit distracting due to high school like behavior, bickering, among employees thus creating a hostile environment to work in.

6. "Expect to get laid off."

Current Employee - Production Worker in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Production Worker in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Walters & Wolf full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours are great, the coworkers and shop foremen are good people as well. Fun work environment.

Cons

They chew you up and spit you out. The promised me that there was plenty of work for years to come, they laid me off right before my sixth months. It seems they only hired a lot of people just to finish a job on schedule or ahead of time.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to new hires/rehires just to knock out a job quicker. Shop foremen are great at each shop, its their bosses that don't care about laying people off.

7. "Team leader on floor (leading projects in team of six employees Training of new employees"

Former Employee - Electrical Technician in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Electrical Technician in Fremont, CA

I worked at Walters & Wolf full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

a lot of works in summer time, but winter are less works, very busies when contracted full of paper works. A lots of over time,

Cons

company not give rate even been there long time, and works so busies, workers very stressed and not make money as their positions,

Advice to Management

N/A

"Some days you get the Bear; Somedays the Bear gets you"

Former Employee - Project Management in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Project Management in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at Walters & Wolf full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My experience with Walters & Wolf was in Arizona and I understand other locations may be different. WWCS is a challenging environment with shifting metrics that will keep you on your toes. There is a strong emphasis placed on quality and the work can be cutting edge. You will get to try new things. Compensation tends toward above average and if you can demonstrate competence, the opportunity for advancement is there. Management does try to be considerate. They also have a beautiful aquarium.

Cons

A priority one day can quickly change the next with little notice; in fact it can happen with total denial management ever said different. Interaction tends to be cliquish and can adversely effect teamwork. Performance reviews can either be cursory ( you're doing fine here's your cheese) or bizarre (the outlook is bad and we have to cut heads so this is why you might roll); but they rarely happen on time.

Advice to Management

After some reflection the shifting priorities of management probably gets the best effort out of some employees; but some procedures and methods could benefit with some streamlining for better efficiency. That said, WWCS is a great company unafraid of trying new things (just don't suggest them) and I'm glad to have been a part of it.

"Good benefits but work does not seem challenging."

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Walters & Wolf full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are comprehensive and good. The company is structured. Work hours are very standard.

Cons

Processes seem very redundant and repetitive, a lot of room to improve and streamline. Doesn't use standard industry software that is available that could really help with keeping track of updates and speed up modeling. Management does not follow through on promises.

Advice to Management

Promote from within. Utilize internal resources. Why hire engineers to be CAD operators?

10. "Decent Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Pros

Interesting, varied work, with a great degree of freedom once you are outside of the office. Good people in the work force.

Cons

Some strange, mystifying work practices that make it harder than necessary to do the job on occasion. Definitely some nepotism in the interiors department.

Advice to Management

Take a look outside of your families and friends for promotion and hiring. Some of the best people there came from outside.