Walton Signage Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales"

Current Employee - Director of Development in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Director of Development in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Walton Signage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company promotes within. I've been with Walton for seven years and have been promoted 5 times.

Cons

We no longer get monthly free massages. :(

Advice to Management

Bring back the free massages. :)

2. "Work Life Balance"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Walton Signage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours and ability to work from office or home.

Cons

No work life balance.

Advice to Management

Rectify the culture of employees working long hours to keep up with increased business as a rule instead of an exception. More business should not mean more work on a long term basis.

"Accounting"

I worked at Walton Signage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I met some really nice people and learn to softwares in six months because of their transition

Cons

President of this company walks around like a pompous Hercules
    A Mr. Know it all and meanwhile I don't think he even knows what he's doing. People come and go and now I know why .No wonder they're in debt . You don't give 3 people's job on 1 person and expect to get it done overnight. That's okay I went onto bigger and better !

Advice to Management

Focus on treating your people better and they will work more diligently

"Beware of What’s Promised vs. Divered"

I worked at Walton Signage full-time

Pros

Some really good people in the company. Great being able to work remote.

Cons

The company’s culture is really declining due to the owner and presidents obsession with Landmark forum and coaching. Their first priority is the owners hobby as a Landmark coach and not the clients or business. People struggle to get work done because of all the “coaching” the owner wants to do. He calls it his “playground”. He can’t see this at all and has lost ALL objectivity.
    The company has not given employees bonus in over a year. Gary Walton talks integrity and its just smoke and mirrors.

Advice to Management

Gary Walton needs to get out of the way. They need a real President who is allowed to manage and knows how to manage. They need a CFO. Not one of Gary’s “friend”.
    Start giving bonuses again.

"Stay Away - Especially Sales People"

Pros

Some good talented people in support functions.

Cons

Sales people stay away at any cost. Don't be deceived by the overall Glassdoor rating. Check the trend up until April 2017 when HR "encouraged" current employees to write Glassdoor reviews.

Sales people - Don't be tricked by the seemingly attractive compensation package and promises. You will bring in accounts and billings, but with the lag of commission payments to actual margins post invoice, you will not be around to collect.

Walton has a pattern of hiring sales people and terminating them prior to commission payments. They have churned and burned close to 30 people in the sales function in the last several years.

After termination, all they will provide is stern warnings about the non-compete and non-solicitation. They will threaten and intimidate you with it.

What makes matters worse is that they preach "integrity" and "authenticity" with the required Landmark training. What you get is just the opposite.

Most reputable recruiters will no longer work with Walton as a result.

If you read this and the other reviews from sales people, yet take a job there, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Walton Signage Response

Apr 11, 2018 – Human Resources Director

We appreciate feedback from current employees and former employees alike, as it helps the company to continue to grow. We must respectfully respond to some of the points to express who we are and... More

"Don't invest your time or engergy"

Former Employee - Regional Vice President
    Former Employee - Regional Vice President

I worked at Walton Signage full-time

Pros

Other than the autonomy of being a remote employee and a few fringe benefits for sales people, there were not very many pros.

Cons

Landmark Worldwide centered business so get ready to go to this mandatory brain washing session for your weekend off AND begin speaking their language or you'll soon be let go. I personally left a six figure position after being recruited for a few months by Walton and took the chance. Unfortunately they don't train you, don't follow through with their promises and one day you'll just get a call and they've let you go. No reason why...you've done nothing wrong...just Gary and his minions have decided you're no longer on the team. If you don't like office drama, backstabbing, and the peeing on territory because you've come around then this isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Let people choose if they want to go through a brain washing camp; don't lie to them; don't recruit people from gainful employment to just "try them out"; communicate openly and directly

"Lots of promise, lack of execution"

Former Employee - Human Resources
    Former Employee - Human Resources

I worked at Walton Signage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, modern and comfortable offices, entrepreneurial mind set.

Cons

Limited mobility. Talks a big game, but in reality most go getters are handcuffed. CEO has no true accountability to keep him on a focused course or from micro managing others.

Advice to Management

Empower leaders to really lead, don't just talk and then give no authority.
    Invest into to talkented people, not just Landmark, but in opportunity. Extend trust first, not distrust.

"A good company.......Could have been a great one!"

I worked at Walton Signage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They do several things for employees, quarterly BBQ's, some advanced education, the company has grown over the last 15 years.

Cons

In a single thought.....TURN OVER!!! My god, cannot keep managers there, and the ones they do keep are nothing but "Yes" men or women!! Not sure if the turnover is due to totally unrealistic expectations ( More of that Landmark Forum) or lack of definition of what the expectations actually are. Either way, the place's turnover is like most people change their socks!.

Advice to Management

Tell the upper management to take a good look in the mirror and ask why they can't keep anyone. The turnover is horrendous, and mostly likely for 2 reasons: 1) you have a group of managers there who will throw you under the bus in a minute and 2) The owner is a bright business man, but a sorry human being.

"Potential employees beware"

Former Employee - Sales in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Walton Signage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people there. Nice facilities in the corporate office. Good benefits.

Cons

Cult like atmosphere due to Landmark training. Sales Managers and sales personnel are used then discarded. 4 sales managers in less than a year and no national sales person has been there for even a year. Pretend to want to be a major player but are limited by Gary Walton and his personnel decisions.

Advice to Management

Gary Walton should let management run the company. Treat people loyally. You brought in great talent then hand cuffed them. Get rid of the mandatory Landmark!

Walton Signage Response

Nov 21, 2017 – Human Resources Director

At Walton, it is important that we engage with our employees so that we can understand their point of view, their challenges, what’s working, what’s not and what they see is possible. We encourage... More

10. "Great Workplace Culture"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Walton Signage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We are given all the tools necessary to be successful employees. The little things the company does to show it's appreciation are what makes the company very special. The benefits are excellent. Very much an open door policy company wide, the financials are open and posted weekly.

Cons

More bonding opportunities as a whole are needed.

Advice to Management

In house training on new products, designs, manufacturing or installations.