Warner Bros. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Kevin Tsujihara

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Very good work/life balance with flexible work arrangement availability" (in 47 reviews)

• "Benefits are great, great people to work for" (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • "Salaries are below market but you do get a lot of time off especially at the end of the year and great work- life balance" (in 30 reviews)

• "I wish there was more room for growth" (in 16 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Warner Bros. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Leaders
    Good Visibility to executive leadership
    Work on projects that make a big impact on the organization

Cons

Salaries are below market but you do get a lot of time off especially at the end of the year and great work- life balance.

Advice to Management

Increase compensation

2. "Strong Career Development & Creative Environment"

I have been working at Warner Bros. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My team has been very supportive of my growth and development - I'm on my 3rd permanent role and have also had the opportunity to rotate into another role to cover a leave of absence. It's also a lot of fun to be surrounded by a creative environment even though I'm not in a creative function.

Cons

Our team is small for the large scope of our responsibilities.

3. "No two days are the same!"

Current Employee - Manager in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Warner Bros. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, Volunteer Opportunities, Matching Donations, Business Resource Groups, Employee Screenings, E-learning and in person classes, discounts, access to executives via panel and networking activities, opportunity for mobility within the organization. It's an exciting environment where no two days are the same!

Cons

Certain areas can be slower to change than others, but the effort is definitely noticed.

Advice to Management

Continue to survey the employee population to foster engagement and a positive environment with ongoing change.

4. "Manager"

I have been working at Warner Bros. full-time

Pros

The ability to have flexible work arrangements has been awesome. The culture is shifting to be more agile in how work gets done instead of where. Business Resource Groups, WB Learning courses and Recruitment led activities have been great employee resources to take advantage of.

Cons

There can sometimes be too many layers of buy-in to get things approved. This can slow down decision-making and project progression.

5. "Warner Bros strives to be innovative, creative and pushes the team to think and reach outside of the box."

Current Employee - Executive Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Warner Bros. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people are talented, driven and passionate about their work. The films are varied and fill the calendar year - so you’re never bored!

Cons

The culture is going through some major shifts. The organization is a bit rocky and there is constant overlap of job duties - “who’s doing what” type mentality

Advice to Management

Decision making and leadership is key.

6. "Home Sweet Home!"

Current Employee - Director in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Warner Bros. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have found this company to be a place where collaboration is valued, colleagues become friends, and your career passions and growth are supported.

Cons

Too much collaboration can be a bad thing. The ability to move quickly and efficiently without needing to build consensus all the time must also be valued.

7. "Great Place to Work!!!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Warner Bros. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Professional - Internal Mobility (employees being able show interest in other WB career opportunities and openness in being considered for those opportunities and obtaining them), Growth Opportunities, Flexible Work Arrangements, WB Lot Access, Company Culture.

Personal - The most important thing to me in choosing and staying with a company is the people I work closely with and I really love the team I am a part of and I feel that management is personally/professionally invested in me as a WB Employee.

Cons

Pros outweigh the Cons. For my specific division, we run lean, but when we need the help/assistance, I feel like I can always count on the team.

8. "Wonderful opportunities, culture, & movie studio environment"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Warner Bros. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced, meaningful work, great client relationships, lots of career and rotational opportunities. The company offers tuition reimbursement for relevant courses, training opportunities and opportunities to move around and up within the company. Amazing to work on a lot with all the perks that come with that - movie screenings, merchandise discounts, sneak peaks at new events and initiatives.

Cons

None that come to mind

Advice to Management

Keep nurturing employees from within and offer advancement opportunities to learn and grow.

9. "Talent Acquisition"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Warner Bros. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

High sense of community and genuine passion for the history, IP and work product. Very collaborative environment filled with sincerely kind people. Very good work/life balance with flexible work arrangement availability. Leader in the industry as a whole, but also in each of its individual businesses (Pictures, TV, Video Games, Consumer Products, Digital Content, etc.) Company is very supportive of internal mobility and diversity. Employees voices are heard and action is taken.

Cons

Collaboration is a great thing, but can sometimes impair innovation and decision making.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in diversity, internal mobility and flexibility. Create a more supportive environment for risk taking.

10. "Great Company, Better People"

I worked at Warner Bros. full-time

Pros

Nearly everyone that worked there, from the top down, were fair and honest in their dealings, and really tried to help each other out.

Cons

The hours could be brutal at times, especially during the holiday seasons if you were part of the team that dealt with retailers.