Warner Music Group Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Nov 19, 2020

3.9
Warner Music Group CEO Stephen F. Cooper
Stephen F. Cooper
Pros
  • "amazing work environment/connections to help grow your career(in 41 reviews)

• "great people and opportunities for growth(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "for college credit, No pay as an intern(in 12 reviews)

• "Expected to work long hours for no recognition and if this is confronted you are looked down upon(in 11 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place"

5.0
    Former Intern - Internship

I worked at Warner Music Group

Pros

Great work environment, great people

Cons

for college credit, No pay as an intern

2. "Great"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant

I have been working at Warner Music Group full-time

Pros

great people and opportunities for growth

Cons

salaries could be higher and more align with current times

"IT complaints are REAL, and tbh: it's painful."

Current Employee - Marketing Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Warner Music Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Work in an industry you're passionate about - Connect with artists, help artists - Great causes to support, very onboard with social justice reform - It's a great name on your resume - There are good people here. GREAT people. I truly love everyone I work with.

Cons

- Pay is mediocre - IT department. Nice people. But woof, tech support is a nightmare. The security policies are draconian. Can't even change your own computer timezone! Can't download apps you NEED to do your job. We change passwords so frequently it's likely a security risk. Look, I get that there's a large threat out there of hacking in the music industry, but i would venture to say the soft costs of their sluggish (and outdated) IT policies outweigh the benefits. - There is an ego-driven culture here. People above you will take credit for work you or your team did, even though they really had nothing to do with it. It's too bad, and very demoralizing. Top-down decisions can really take you by surprise.

Continue reading

"Overall Good First Job"

Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Warner Music Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people and office culture, work/life balance, cool "perks" like in-office artist performances, snacks, and events. Exposure to and use of modern platforms and technologies.

Cons

Compensation is low to average, difficult to get approved for paid training and educational courses. Would like to see more commitment to employee development and growth opportunities.

5. "Do not work in IT there for ANY reason."

1.0
    Former Contractor - IT Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Warner Music Group for more than 5 years

Pros

I'll be honest the folks in every other group, the folks you mainly support, are really great people. Walking around being social on any floor but where IT is is absolutely a joy. So many events, so many great and cool stories coming out of that place in my time there.

Cons

The floor where IT is, on the other hand is like 1313 Mockingbird lane. There is always a cloud over it. No one on that floor seems to be happy. Compensation-wise they're below industry, Very political/toxic environment. The cool happenings there are not outweighing the horrible atmosphere that the current CIO has put into place there. At one point they even appointed a person to run interference between the CIO and the folks that work under him. Complete disaster. Their transitioning from outsourcing to in-house IT has been a complete disaster - as per the users, and really isn't that who you're there for? Completely clueless on most levels. Run from this place if they call.

Continue reading
  6. "Warner Music Group Intern Review"

Former Intern - Intern

I worked at Warner Music Group for less than a year

Pros

Work with a lot of really great people and you will get to pick everyones brain and learn tons about the music industry

Cons

Not many opportunities for employment after the internship ends, they basically use interns for cheap labor

7. "Solid Company Culture"

I have been working at Warner Music Group full-time

Pros

Plenty of great people, brand new offices, activities and functions outside of work

Cons

Dull and tedious job functions. Heavy work load

8. "Decent Place to Work"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Warner Music Group for less than a year

Pros

Great people, great work environment

Cons

Advancement can be a challenge

"Fun place to work"

5.0

I worked at Warner Music Group full-time

Pros

Great people, great location

Cons

This site is making me write reviews

"Overall great experience. Self-directed growth necessary"

I have been working at Warner Music Group

Pros

The pros depended highly on the team you're on directly. For me, having gym access for a monthly fee, summer Fridays, an overall relaxed atmosphere, consistently fun and engaging music events, Lunch and learn events, and great people and community were positive attributes of being a part of this company.

Cons

The cons depend highly on the team you're directly on. For me, the culture became progressively more corporate as each year passed. I also didn't see a focus on developing teams or people. I observed lots of individuals in coordinator positions for 7+ years, waiting their turn to be promoted, not acquiring any transferrable skills into leadership.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 English Reviews