Wasatch Property Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Dell Loy Hansen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "More than just a job or career. This is family."

I have been working at Wasatch Property Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wasatch offers its employees everything they need to succeed in the field. Training is always hands on and constantly being updated to fit the always-changing apartment industry. Their bonus structure gives you great potential to make as much as you can on top of your hourly pay. They also offer incentives here and there on top of their bonuses and pay which is awesome especially when they incorporate competitions. It gives you the opportunity to showcase your skills. Advancement within Wasatch is super common and they are always giving you more training to prepare you for the next available position. Wasatch has turned into family for me, the atmosphere is great and we all work together to reach our goals. The only way you would not succeed here is if you are not motivated enough to see that they offer you so much to grow.

Cons

The only negative thing I will say is that even though everybody gets along for the most part within all properties, there is "favorites." There are employees who get first say, or get things others don't. And these employees know they are favored and feel they have rights others don't. I've even experienced something that was supposed to be confidential seep to someone who was not supposed to know which then creates a hostile environment depending on the situation.

Advice to Management

Continue to prepare us for as high as you want us to go. I would like to see the company give us a little more time with family since this is a very demanding job, sometimes there is hardly any left for family. As for the employees who are favored over others, I would like upper management to become more trustworthy. How am I supposed to feel safe telling you something about a situation if you have told the other party the things that were said about them. Confidentiality is a must.

Sep 15, 2017 – Wasatch Property Management

Thank you for your review! We hope to have you on our team for many years to come! We work hard to insure our employees get the training they deserve to not only excel at the work they do but to also... More

2. "Is the atmosphere more important than the pay?"

I have been working at Wasatch Property Management full-time

Pros

Incredible atmosphere. It's like a family.

Cons

Lots of work, for little pay.

Advice to Management

Increase pay.

Sep 11, 2017 – Wasatch Property Management

Thank you for your review and feedback! We work hard to create a culture of caring and in building a family atmosphere. Thank you for your hard work! We encourage all of our employees to reach out to... More

3. "No hope for growth!"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Wasatch Property Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family oriented, large employer, offer corporate discount at their rental properties

Cons

Not a chance someone from outside of the family will be promoted or recognized for their dedication to the service, loyalty to the company, etc. Your education has no value here if you are not married into the FAMILY! Your career growth will be stopped no matter how good you are at what you do and your previous knowledge is irrelevant, people with education and experience will be passed for someone who barely graduated high school. Property managers treating their colleagues like personal slaves and often take out their frustrations on others. Regional managers only looking out for themselves and have no interest in building a strong culture. The place is for owner's family only - outsiders are slaves!

Advice to Management

Look into treating everyone equally and stop focusing on your moneys only. Build your team from reliable, dedicated, high performing employees and promote accordingly.

Sep 18, 2017 – Wasatch Property Management

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you feel this way about how promotions are handled with Wasatch. We take a lot of time with each promotion and look at all of our employees to determine who... More

4. "Good to start a career!"

Current Employee - Groundskeeper in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Groundskeeper in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Wasatch Property Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay
    Good benefits
    They take care of their employees

Cons

coworkers aren't always the greatest depends on location though.

In some positions you have to work every Saturday but depends on how you view working Saturday. For me? Con!

Advice to Management

Communicate we're all human but communicating keeps a lot of things in line, IF THE TEAM... is willing to work AS A TEAM.

Sep 15, 2017 – Wasatch Property Management

Thank you for your review! We strive to insure our employees do work as a team since working together achieves results! I encourage you to reach out to your supervisor or to me to discuss some of... More

5. "Wasatch is a Family"

Current Employee - Manager in Oceanside, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Oceanside, CA

I have been working at Wasatch Property Management full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits - Health Insurance, 401K, Life Insurance. WPM is invested in their employees and always striving for ways to make the company stand out above the rest. Wasatch cares for employees and makes us feel like family.

Cons

Pay scale is average compared to the surrounding areas/companies.

Aug 29, 2017 – Wasatch Property Management

We appreciate your review!
    Sincerely,
    The Talent Acquisition Team

6. "Best Company Hands Down"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Wasatch Property Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company values its employees and takes the time to train and motivate them allowing them to grow. They have benefits and listen when we tell them something may work better. In my experience I have had the ability to grow both professionally and personally with some amazing upper management. I have worked for other companies that believed employees were all replaceable and Wasatch does not view employees like that. We give them training and stay on top of current trends.

Cons

Not a whole lot of advancement in the Tucson market. Other than that I have no cons with the company.

Jun 12, 2017 – Wasatch Property Management

Thank you for your review!
    The Talent Acquisition Team

7. "Committed to Employees Career Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Ethics, values, growth opportunities and stability

Cons

I have had a great experience during my career with Wasatch. I do not feel that there are many cons.

May 11, 2017 – Wasatch Property Management

Thank you for your review! We are happy to have you on the team!

8. "Regional Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Wasatch Property Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great support with great training and resources

Cons

Can't think of any that have not been answered or overcome with communications from support personnel.

9. "Why have a job when you can have a career"

Current Employee - Regional
    Current Employee - Regional

Pros

Wasatch is by far the most rewarding company I have had the pleasure to work for in my twenty one years in property management. The company standards and expectations are what set them apart from other property management companies. If you are looking for a career not just a job, Wasatch is your company!

Cons

The only con I can say is being based out of Utah the opportunity to have employees advance in other regions may require them to move.

Advice to Management

The upper management team is uplifting, supportive and wonderful leaders!

Jun 12, 2017 – Wasatch Property Management

Thank you for your review!
    The Talent Acquisition Team

10. "Good Company. Great People."

I have been working at Wasatch Property Management full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Multiple locations throughout the Western US with growth opportunity. Leadership is engaged and supportive. Ongoing training and career development.

Cons

Constant change and company growth can stretch resources, but that growth also brings opportunity.

Advice to Management

Keep looking forward, but don't lose sight of the people that have brought us this far.

Jun 12, 2017 – Wasatch Property Management

We appreciate your review, thank you!