Washington Regional Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
W. L. Bradley

1. "I wouldn't work anywhere else."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Fayetteville, AR
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Washington Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, engaged leadership, interesting patients, and collegial physicians.

Cons

Sometimes the patients are too interesting and while we all want to give the best care possible it would behoove some people to understand that this facility is not in fact a five star hotel.

Advice to Management

When an ancillary department makes a mistake it's usually the nurses who end up apologizing for it. It would be helpful if those departments, when mistakes are made, would start taking ownership of their mistakes and start sending supervisors or at least liaisons to personally apologize to the patients rather than have the nurses constantly apologize for things that are beyond their control.

2. "Thumbs up"

Current Employee - Labor and Delivery RN in Fayetteville, AR
    Current Employee - Labor and Delivery RN in Fayetteville, AR

Pros

I love working here. Great staff interactions. Lots of evidence based practice.

Cons

Very busy with the new expansion. Increased hours and patient load.

3. "Aspiring and Determined Dream Catcher!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Washington Regional Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Place to work.

Cons

There aren't any cons to address, employed less than 6 months.

5. "WRMC- PCT"

Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Fayetteville, AR
    Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at Washington Regional Medical Center (More than a year)

Pros

Most people are great to work with, lots of supplies and equipment available to assist with patient care

Cons

Work load for aides and nurses is too much, they don't invest in their employees like they should, very high turnover

Advice to Management

Recognize employees for a job well done, skemping on bonuses or raises does not make employees feel very appreciated

6. "CNA"

Current Employee - CNA in Fayetteville, AR
    Current Employee - CNA in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Washington Regional Medical Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff in the Women's and Children/Pediatric departments are extremely friendly and supportive. I love the people I work with.

Cons

There have been some major changes that are happening right now and it has caused some discord among the staff. I have no doubt though that once the changes are finished everything will settle down.

7. "CST"

Former Employee - Certified Surgical Technologist in Fayetteville, AR
    Former Employee - Certified Surgical Technologist in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at Washington Regional Medical Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great group of people to work with loved my job

Cons

Management should be more appreciative

Advice to Management

Be appreciateive

8. "analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Pros

Friendly environment, people who work there have been there for a long time. Not a lot of turnover.
    Management cares about employees, lots of employee support

Cons

Pay is low, time off is average, parking is a common complaint, 401 k plan has good matching (up to 5%), but you can't participate until you've been there for some time (depends on start date).

Washington Regional Medical Center Response

Dec 29, 2015 – Vice President of Human Resources

Appreciate the positive comments, need to clarify the comment about the 401k. Employees can participate immediately, and after Jan 1, 2016, are fully vested immediately in all contributions, both ... More

9. "Good Community Hospital System"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at Washington Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people, generally have best interests in mind

Cons

Pay is not competitive, won't work to retain good people, overwork the ones they have

Advice to Management

Show your employees they matter.

10. "Great Non-profit Facility, Friendly staff!"

Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Fayetteville, AR
    Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Fayetteville, AR

Pros

Local community centered non-profit hospital, Overall feels like family, good benefits, room for advancement. Bonus potential.

Cons

Hard Work, Non-profit pay, Occasional overtime required, and parking can be challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep involved with employees, keep lines of communication open and continue to recognize and promote from within.

"Make friends with management-it will get you farther than working hard./Lax patient privacy"

Former Employee - Business Administrative in Fayetteville, AR
    Former Employee - Business Administrative in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at Washington Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay for the area, there are some nice hard working people here, plenty of work load, benefits offered .It's a job.

Cons

Insurance deductibles are very high,upper management is very shady & dysfunctional,company is prone to large lay offs of long term employees to hire lesser paid ones,employees favored by management are not required to work as hard and those who work hard but are not only undervalued but are often written up for offenses that would not be even be mentioned to favored employees,culture reminds me of a small town high school.Patient information & is often openly discussed within the business office with no regard for HIPPA (and not on a "need to know basis)) & I have even witnessed employees asking co workers to access the charts of others so that it can not be traced back to them. I was uneasy about being both an employee and a patient here. I have worked in several other hospitals in the area that are much more ethical.

Washington Regional Medical Center Response

Dec 5, 2014 – Vice President of Human Resources

Washington Regional is proud of its reputation for being the best place to get care and the best place to give care. We do not have large layoffs, we've had one in 64 years of business where ... More