KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

87% Recommend to a Friend
68% Approve of CEO

Found 79 of over 94 reviews

3.4
Washington River Protection Solutions President & Project Manager L. David Olson (no image)
L. David Olson

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

WRPS Employee

Apr 11, 2022 - Welding Engineer in Richland, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work/life balance is pretty solid. Commute good if in town.

Cons

Terrible commute if working on site. Telework policy effectively screwed over engineers as no more facility closure days.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best company to work for

Jul 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been out on the Hanford site for 6 years and WRPS is by far the best company to work for!

Cons

They don’t consider all years of service when coming from another contractor. Be careful what you put on your resume because they are picky.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company.

Jul 19, 2021 - Engineer in Richland, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Variety of challenging work providing a range of engineering experience .

Cons

Contract causes limitations for salary advancement based on value to company. Some procedures and processes cause systematic inefficiencies.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

I learned a lot of helpful skills as a high school student intern

Jan 12, 2021 - Student Internship in Pasco, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved working with my co-workers at WRPS, they were always helpful when I needed a small problem fixed and taught me how to solve my problems more effectively. As a high school student, I had great pay per hour at well at $18 an hour starting out. I learned a lot about how the engineering teams worked and I learned a lot of new skills that will continue to serve me as I pursue more jobs in the future.

Cons

The work I was doing got boring after a while, but the co-workers around me always found a way to keep it interesting while we worked.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Relaxed and rewarding

Aug 26, 2020 - Engineering Intern in Richland, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone was super nice and very helpful. The work I did for the most part felt like it was important to the company, and I also learned a great deal related to my field. Their expectations of me were reasonable, and at the same time took me a little out of my comfort zone (in a good way). Pay was really good.

Cons

Clocking in and out was a pain

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Such a nice company to work for.

Aug 17, 2020 - Mechanical Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learning opportunity and stable job.

Cons

Long commute drive, home to work and back and fourth.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Feb 28, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a lot to learn if you're willing to learn.

Cons

Very long commute out to site.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company to work for

Feb 24, 2020 - Industrial Hygiene Technician in Richland, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible management. Days off are pretty much always approved. Generous retirement.

Cons

Management does not encourage growth for union employees. Union employees are 2nd class.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Job!

Feb 6, 2020 - Industrial Hygiene Technician in Richland, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

4x10 work days Overtime Weekends off Good people

Cons

SCBA usage Commute Besides these two honestly It is a great job!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Excellent Company

Apr 2, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Pay -4X10 Schedule -Management -Growth Opportunity -Excellent Place to Work for and Interesting Work

Cons

-Commute -Hazardous Work -SCBA Usage -Hazardous work with a lot of unknown exposures

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 79 Reviews
</>Embed

Washington River Protection Solutions Reviews FAQs

Washington River Protection Solutions has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 94 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at Washington River Protection Solutions to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Washington River Protection Solutions employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Washington River Protection Solutions. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

87% of Washington River Protection Solutions employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Washington River Protection Solutions 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Washington River Protection Solutions to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Washington River Protection Solutions Job Seekers