Washio Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Easy Work, busy environment"

I worked at Washio part-time

Pros

Good hourly pay, easy work

Cons

Customers can be rude, on a strict deadline

2. "Liars and Cheats"

Pros

Great coworkers helped keep me going through the dark times

Cons

They lied, they lied a lot. They kept everyone in the dark, including upper management. They never told us where the investments were going.

Advice to Management

Be open with your team. Give people a heads up so they don't find themselves out in the cold with no where to go.

3. "Operations"

Pros

Great benefits and executives. Had great coworkers and line of communication.

Cons

work culture was unclear. sometimes there was a disconnect of what the goals were and the established procedures.

Advice to Management

establish concrete work culture

"Great jumping off point for a career, but needs a lot of work."

I worked at Washio full-time

Pros

Fun, young office culture. Lunches and snacks were provided daily. The team I worked with was the best, we worked well together even when things were stressful and frustrating.

Cons

Stressful and frustrating. Very little clear communication between the management team and the lower level employees while I was there. We were kept in the dark about a number of things. Did not feel like feedback we provided as a team was seriously taken into account when making adjustments to the day-to-day operations of the company. Very little opportunity for upward mobility in the company if you were good at your current job. At times, the executive team gave off vibes of workplace misogyny. It was never directed at myself, but I witnessed my fair share directed at coworkers.

Advice to Management

Be open and honest with your employees. Take their constructive criticism of how things are going into account, and take these criticisms seriously. At times it felt like management was out of touch with the real state of how things were running. I want this company to succeed, and I hope you've made changes since my departure.

5. "Meh"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Washio full-time

Pros

Office culture is really great. Lunch/drinks and snacks are provided.

Cons

Can be very stressful at times, not the best pay. No upward mobility. Huge lay off a couple months ago with no warning.

Advice to Management

Pay raises for longtime employee's would be beneficial. More team building activities.

"Love it!"

I have been working at Washio full-time

Pros

Washio has been a great place to work. The work life balance is amazing. It gives you the flexibility to have a life and a successful career at the same time. Particularly, there is a lot of room for growth within the company. You can work on different projects in other departments, which always keeps the job interesting. Catered lunches each day also is a great company perk that makes sure you never get hangry on the job.

Cons

It is start-up so things can change pretty quickly so you have to constantly keep up on what is happen in other departments.

7. "Casual and Fun Startup Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Pros

Excellent work environment- casual dress code and relaxed environment. I love the ability to take ownership over my projects, which enables me to do things the right way from the ground up. Working schedule is great and everyone shares the same positivity on a daily basis. It is really a place you can feel at home.

Cons

As it is with any start-up, there are times that you have to buckle down and work hard. To some, this can be stressful, but to others (including me), this is an environment to thrive in.

Advice to Management

Keep the same culture as we grow in size. It is something that can sometimes be lost, but what we have makes work enjoyable and they should never change.

8. "I love you, Washio!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Pros

I've been working at Washio as a full time employee for a little over 6 months. I have never been more personally satisfied with a job in my life.
    All upper management is great and very easy to work with. I love that I am treated like a friend by all my peers and by upper management and executives rather than just a lower level employee.
    There is a lot of room for growth and the company is constantly changing. It is an exciting place to be at this stage because new things are happening every day and I am grateful to be a part of it!
    We also have unlimited snacks and drinks and lunch catered every day! Unlimited vacation is also a fantastic perk and provides a lot of freedom for hard working employees.

Cons

Pay is average...not the best but hoping for better after longer tenure.

Executives and upper management could do a better job of communicating the growth and happening of the company and our services to the entire company as a whole. I do feel like a lot of employees on the Operations team do not know what is going on company-wide most of the time.

Advice to Management

Keep it up but keep your employees well informed of anything Washio relevant!

9. "Real Young Start Up Culture and Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Washio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is one of the best jobs i've ever had. Lots of room for growth at a growing company. Everyone here is young and fun. There are a lot of perks. The company is small enough where you are able to talk to the founders about the companies future and have an impact on the direction.

Cons

Communication from team to team sometimes lacks, which can cause a pile-up but nothing that can't easily be overcome.

Advice to Management

Better top-down communication. Bigger discount on orders for all employees.

10. "Fun Place to Work"

I have been working at Washio full-time

Pros

Great people, fun environment, room for growth within the company.

Cons

Long hours and need better communication between teams.

Advice to Management

Need a more efficient way to keep all teams on the same page.