KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Waste Connections President and CEO Worthing Jackman
Worthing Jackman

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Waste Connections and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Monitor rig activity internationally

Jun 23, 2022 - Market Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Huge learning opportunities with a great company culture and staff.

Cons

Can't say I have any

Waste Connections Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate the hard work our essential employees put in every day.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good job

Aug 14, 2022 - Swing Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits,steady employment and yor home everyday.

Cons

Working outside is great but sometimes the wether isn't

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Enjoyable

Sep 19, 2022 - Assistant Controller in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management was nice to work for.

Cons

Raises at the company only came if you moved.

Waste Connections Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate the hard work our essential employees put in every day, and feedback like yours helps us improve.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

to help

Sep 11, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in New Orleans, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is just so friendly

Cons

There aren't any downsides to working for Waste Connections

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Sep 2, 2022 - Senior Customer Service Representative (CSR III) in Oregon City, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Waste connections treats employees great. We have excellent benefits and an enjoyable office culture. The company promotes from within.

Cons

Big corporate wheels turn slow

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Aug 27, 2022 - Welder/Fabricator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good hours Decent pay Good benefits Easy work

Cons

Under staffed Play favorites Wishy washy rules

Waste Connections Response

We appreciate the hard work our essential employees put in every day, and we care about your concerns. Please reach out to your local manager or HR representative if you would like to discuss this further.

7. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Stay far away

Sep 16, 2022 - Class A Truck Driver in Lakewood, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are no Pros….They talk a big game regarding safety but in the end only care about the bottom line

Cons

To many to list including one of the most unsafe companies I’ve ever worked for

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

A men's environment

Aug 18, 2022 - Annonymus Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you have connections within the organization, you are good, if not you need to fend for yourself.

Cons

The NY Sales department is run my egotistic men who look out for themselves. A lot discrimination in the workplace toward women and favoritism among men. The environment changed after the new sales management team took over.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Lots of opportunity for career growth!

Jun 15, 2022 - Project Manager in The Woodlands, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best thing about working at Waste Connections is working with people that care about you as a professional and an individual. The work is challenging and your teammates are available to help when needed. Benefits and pay are above average and there are lots of opportunities for career growth.

Cons

Lots of opportunities for career growth can mean that teams and leadership changes happen often as individuals are promoted and relocated.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Almost Great

Mar 8, 2022 - Driver in Manassas, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will get and stay in the best shape of you'r life. You can make some really good money and the benifits are amazing. Also it's job to be proud of, and the job security.

Cons

This isn't Waste Connections in a whole they are great its just the site I work at, we are a company that got bought by Waste Connections. It's confusing on actually what the "Right" thing to do is, if your doing enough (which it never feels like it) or basically if your the best or about to get fired, due to all the micromanagement. You can't just run your route and be done it's always something your not doing or something your not doing right. It's never anything positive.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 552 Reviews

Waste Connections Reviews FAQs

Waste Connections has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 564 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Waste Connections to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Waste Connections employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Waste Connections. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

73% of Waste Connections employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Waste Connections 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Waste Connections to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with Waste Connections Job Seekers