Waste Management Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Jan 19, 2021

3.6
Waste Management President and CEO James C. Fish, Jr
James C. Fish, Jr
Pros
  • "Great benefits depends on the market area if you're labeled corporate or not(in 172 reviews)

• "Good benefits overall nice enviroment(in 160 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes long hours expected daily(in 101 reviews)

• "work life balance disrupted sometime(in 40 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Waste Management and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

WM

Dec 14, 2020 - Operation Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

good benefits, off weekends and paid holidays

Cons

hard to move up for promotion

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great entry level sales position.

Jan 18, 2021 - Inside Account Manager in Trenton, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Good benefits -Stock and 401(k) plans -Good PTO from start -Adequate training program -Decent starting pay and commission plan

Cons

- Almost no advancement possibilities unless you know someone who is in a hiring position or are a 'favorite' - Extremely micromanaged and negative results are always the spotlight. - Monthly goals and metrics interfere with each other; you will have to choose between which metrics are valuable over commission payments. - Company focused on bottom-line and shareholder earnings/stock price.

SoMe Associate

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts. We value all feedback from our employees. We continually strive to ensure that our management is providing the best leadership to our teams and make every effort to ensure the safety of our team members.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good base pay and benefits but bad commission plans

Jan 19, 2021 - Account Manager in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and descent base pay. Good amount of starting paid time off.

Cons

Micro managed to death, even when hitting your numbers. Be prepared for many one on one meetings every week to scrutinize every metric you can think of. Bad commission plans that can change more than once a year They cap commission, so if you max out you have no incentive to continue selling

SoMe Associate

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences. We’re sorry to hear you felt over-worked at times. We appreciate your commitment and the contributions you made to our team. We continually strive to ensure that our management is providing the best leadership to our teams.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Oakleaf waste management

Jan 9, 2021 - IT Senior Business Analyst in Windsor, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, stable recession proof business

Cons

Lot of politics within and across teams. No professional growth, good to work 2-3 yrs if you are young and inexperienced. I have seen people in the same position for decades.

SoMe Associate

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. We value all feedback from our employees. We continually strive to ensure that our management is providing the best leadership to our teams. The key to our success is our people and we continue to make strikes in providing the best work experience possible.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great job

Oct 28, 2020 - Driver in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Benefits Nice pay Nobody down your throat

Cons

Working hours Work environment Weather conditions/smell

SoMe Associate

Thank you for your review. We are proud to be able to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all our eligible employees. We’re happy to hear about your positive experience while working for Waste Management. Sorry about the smell!

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

great benefits and pay

Oct 6, 2020 - Diesel Technician in Mayer, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

pay is good, benefits are great

Cons

corporation that is taking off a lot of direction politically

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Really challenging micro cultures!

Oct 5, 2020 - Manager, Public Affairs in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Solid pay, good benefits, people stay for a long time

Cons

They don't walk the talk with their people. They promote people who are great star performers and never train them to manage people well. As a result, there are thousands of micro cultures and many horrible managers that treat their people terribly,

SoMe Associate

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. We value all feedback from our employees and are sorry to hear about your negative experience with the Management team. We continually strive to ensure that our management is providing the best, most cohesive leadership to our teams and make every effort to ensure the safety of our team members

8. 3.0
      Former Employee

Waste Management

Oct 15, 2020 - Inside Sales in Plainville, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and great leadership at the top

Cons

Lots of nepotism and good old boys network

SoMe Associate

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. We value all feedback from our employees. We continually strive to ensure that our management is providing the best leadership to our teams but there is always room for improvement. The key to our success is making sure we are serving our customers to our best ability and we will continue to work on ways we can put them first. Thanks for the review!

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Decent place to work

May 11, 2020 - Outside Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and smart company overall, management is pretty good. They treat you well overall and work with you if you work hard.

Cons

They work you hard and cap your pay. They only want to pay reps a certain amount but give you a lot of administration that takes up selling time. You are a one stop shop; customer service, billing, admin and help with some operational stuff. All of this plus you are expected to sell.

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not a good company

Jun 24, 2020 - Roll Off Driver in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Weekly pay, good benefits, decent pay for the area

Cons

When you are sent for training in Arizona or Florida they preach saftey. I have found that while working at the Kansas City Kansas location this is not true. Dispatch doesn't know what they are doing, route managers don't seem to care either

1 person found this review helpful