Wastequip Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Martin Bryant

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wastequip full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Management is involved and cares about employees, opportunities for growth and furthering education. Gives back to the community and has strong values. Hard work, but rewarding and a fun work environment.

Cons

Open work environment can be uncomfortable and distracting for some people. Once you get used to it, it's great to have so many co-workers in different departments so easily accessible.

Advice to Management

Great job, keep up the improvements!

"Taft location the worst management &enviorment unorganized"

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Taft, CA
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Taft, CA

I worked at Wastequip full-time

Pros

Some what good pay for maintenance but because you get titles thrown at you like dept supervisor and want to underpay

Cons

Under pay , unsafe, ruse management, unorganized..

Advice to Management

GET IT TOGETHER!

"Satisfaction Is Based On Division"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Wastequip full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most people are good to work with and will try to collaborate with you. Corporate HQ partners are willing to help with questions and other requests.

Cons

Salary below industry average. Benefits are pretty good, though.

Very poor corporate culture. Don't believe the hype and awards. Reasons:

Constant stress and panic. The sky is always falling, as the saying goes (which says that yes, it's just people overreacting and freaking out about anything and everything). Unfortunately, people buy into this panic and it spreads quickly.

No faith in job stability, layoffs are always imminent.

Lofty goals for plants, which causes finger-pointing and a lack of collaboration...rather, an attitude to find the nearest and easiest scapegoat.

Poor communication between plants and corporate headquarters, so it's very hard to plan for their needs. Plants change requirements and usage on the fly without informing the rest of the organization.

Overall, be very careful if you are looking to work here. The company overall may have won a bunch of awards, but it is very much division-based. The Toter division specifically is a complete mess and always in a state of panic because of the reasons listed above. Wait until the company is sold and THEN look for a job there...for your own sanity and stability.

Advice to Management

Stop running your employees into the ground. Not everything is going to shut down the company, stop perpetuating a state of constant panic.

4. "Inside Sales"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Rosemount, MN
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Rosemount, MN

I worked at Wastequip full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good base salary, atmosphere, hours. Team atmosphere as well. Flexible with personal life.

Cons

Manager is not transparent or helpful in training, degrading personality. Favors people. Trail and error type training. Hard to ask for help and not be criticized for it.

Advice to Management

Work on helping your employees be successful through better training and coaching.

5. "CSS"

Current Employee - CSS in Statesville, NC
    Current Employee - CSS in Statesville, NC

I have been working at Wastequip full-time

Pros

Wastequip is like a second family. Everyone is helpful and encouraging in the work place. Tasks are easy to manage and their is always plenty to do and learn. Opportunities for growth and promotions are encouraged by management. Leaders and managers are very easy to work for.

Cons

I have no cons to report at this time. I am truly happy with my job and the company.

6. "Great Place to Work, Great People to Work With"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wastequip full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Wastequip for a little less than a year in the corporate office. I enjoy the open-office environment and the ability to freely collaborate with my co-workers. It is a fast-paced atmosphere with plenty to challenge your skills and grow your potential. We work hard but also have fun doing it. Upper management is easily accessible and works just as hard as all of the other employees (and then some!) After working at both large and small companies, for profit and not-for-profit, I have to say that our CEO is one of the most visible, transparent, and inspiring leaders I have ever had the pleasure of working with. I also like that Wastequip is a very diverse employer and gives back to our local community through volunteering events. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial atmosphere in the manufacturing industry look no further than Wastequip!

Cons

Working in an open office atmosphere was a little challenging at first but I quickly got used to it and now enjoy it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Great Place to Grow Your Career"

Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Excellent products. Great place to grow professionally, with a growing robust internship program in which management mentors students in various fields. New hires are coming in and improving the business immediately - whether in sales or process improvement.

Cons

There are employees who can be resistant to change/complacent in some division, and can be hard to work with.

Advice to Management

(1) I have witnessed the CEO and staff members pulling all-nighters and working hours on end to improve the business - for all divisions - employees and customers alike. (2) I have never heard of nor witnessed a staff that asks more for transparency when it comes to issues. Oftentimes employees who say that upper management is avoiding issues/problems did not bring them to anyone's attention in the first place, because they do not wish to work outside the confines of their every day activities. So advice would be to keep identifying those employees who just try to play it "safe", and remain complacent....because those of us who feel overworked are probably pulling our own weight + that of the "the complacent" each day.

"Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wastequip full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Voted back-to-back by co-workers as one of the "Best Places to Work" in Charlotte; offers great benefits to employees and has a superior corporate open-office setting — one that is comfortable and collaborative. Also recognized as a top place to work for its community involvement, through organized community outreach and employee volunteers who routinely support several Charlotte-area nonprofits

Cons

You work hard and are held accountable (which may be a turn-off to some) - but you're recognized and rewarded for that hard work

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!

"Customer Service"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wastequip full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are Good products and fun industry to work in. Lots of knowledge from people with the company a long time.

Cons

A company that has little direction from management. One of the only companies I have worked for that did put their customers first or employees first. Management doesn't lead, they just direct from CEO down.

Advice to Management

No hope here. Needs new executive management

"Do not work here!"

Former Employee - Welder in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Welder in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Wastequip full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't say anything good about this company everything they did was managed badly. Location was Lakeland, FL.

Cons

I'd give this place negative stars if I could. This place is a terrible shop to work it. It's a sweat shop they don't care about safety just their safety record. Yet they don't train you on cranes if your not familiar on how to operate it. The welds coming out of this shop are bad, tons of porosity on the welds. I would never buy their product. They are mean and rude people to work with and try to blame everything in you if something messes up. The Floorman is a real jerk also, with a really bad attitude and always cursing and yelling at his employees, one of these days he is gonna have a heart attack he gets that pissed everyday. Glad I left that hell hole, if you don't care about the quality of products buy from them, if you want to be a trigger puller and yelled at be a welder. Also I'm English and my training was taught by a man who only spoke Spanish! If your gonna train someone make sure they speak your language. They manager is also not that nice of a guy, they also won't hire people on threw their company you have to go through a temp service. Take my advice stay away. I've worked at 6 other jobs in my day and this takes the cake.

Advice to Management

Don't treat your welders like crap, and employees for that matter. Learn how to manage and talk to people in a nice manner. Actually care about safety and not just your safety record. Train employees on cranes if they need training and get someone that speaks English to train employees. Care about the product you pushing out the door I know it's production but when your quality is affected because you rush so much that's a big no no. Stop using a temp service to hire people on. Honestly I think you guys need to just close down shop.