Waterworks Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Excellent employer"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Waterworks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay rate with yearly increases based on annual review; excellent vacation/ sick day allowances; fair Medical and Dental plans; excellent benefits such as bonuses; good hours and generally pleasant working environment

Cons

I can't think of any!

"Great Company culture"

Former Employee - General Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - General Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Waterworks full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

supportive Colleagues throughout company.

Cons

Open on weekend, limited growth opportunities.

"Waterworks!!"

Current Employee - Home Office in Danbury, CT

I have been working at Waterworks full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Waterworks invests in their employees and takes the time to train on important topics that assists my individual growth and growth in the company. I recently had the opportunity to spend time at very impactful conference that taught me new coaching techniques and provided me with new tools on how to have effective coaching conversations with my teams. After the conference ended I was recharged to get back to work and impact my team in a very positive way!

Cons

There are some normal day to day challenges but nothing that isnt supported by our senior leaders or nothing I am not empowered to fix or contibute on my own.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent as Waterworks goes to the next level!

Waterworks Response

Jul 8, 2015 – HR Director

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We love investing in our talented and dedicated team! We look forward to continuing to grow our Training and Development team. Thanks for all you do!

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

I have been working at Waterworks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone that works for Waterworks is very friendly, they really hire great people! I've worked in both a showroom and the home office and really enjoyed both experiences. The company seems to really care about its employees and goes above and beyond to show it.

Cons

There are often challenges to deal with but I think that's just part of the job.

Waterworks Response

Jul 22, 2014 – HR Director

Thank you for your review! So happy that your experiences in our showrooms and home office have been positive!

"The place where you want to work!"

Current Employee - Home Office in Danbury, CT

I have been working at Waterworks full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Waterworks is a place that cares about their employees. They create opportunities for growth and development along with a push for a work life balance. That with the attractive benefits, show they truly have the best interest of their employees at heart. The company has an outstanding reputation of quality and innovation in their product and luxury service. Lots of exciting company initiatives to further grow Waterworks and there will definitely be further advancement in career opportunities for people who want to work hard and be a part of a great team!

Cons

Sometimes can be hard to keep the push for the steady work/life balance because we are so busy. But the company tries hard to keep it in their culture.

Advice to Management

As you take Waterworks to the next level in the market place be sure to continue to grow your people as they will be an asset to your continued success.

"On the right track and growing"

Current Employee - Bath Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Bath Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Waterworks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Waterworks has incredible product and beautiful showrooms. The company is starting to grow again after the 2009 reorganization. The senior management is much better now, the company is back in family hands, and support and systems are more stable. It feels like the company is investing more heavily in employees, their experience and career paths. Finally back on the right track.

Cons

Growing pains of not enough employees for the growth in business. Can feel like there's an overload of work on each person. Sometimes too many people are involved in the same initiatives (too many cooks). Also new systems or processes are introduced before glitches and issues in older systems are resolved. Very antiquated computer systems and confusing process.

Advice to Management

Keep expanding with the right employees and keep focusing on the great product. Don't get too confident that the workforce knows what you're thinking without communicating it more clearly.

"GREAT COMPANY! LOTS OF OPPORTUNITY"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Pros

Opportunity to learn. If you show interest and intiative you will be rewarded with interesting assigments, recognition and opportunities to learn and grow. It is a small company so everyone works hard, so you have to be willing to be fully engaged while at work. Terrific and luxury brand. Great employer with very good benefits and time off policies.

Cons

Employees are all over the country so making connections can be hard, so you have to be willing and able to be a good communicator.

8. "Hot and cold"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Benefits are good compared to others.

Cons

Communication between Corp and sales terrible!

"Caution, you are entering a 'No Promotion Zone'."

Former Employee - Designer in Corona del Mar, CA
    Former Employee - Designer in Corona del Mar, CA

Pros

Nice store location and some friendly coworkers. My immediate supervisor was somewhat helpful in showing me the ropes and another coworker who had been with the company for quite some time clued me in to the real behind-the-scenes situation. Probably should have left then!

Cons

The company hires you with promises of promotion that never happen. There is some back-stabbing and pettiness within the hierarchy somewhat due to personality conflicts in management that never seem to be addressed and resolved. This in turn causes a stressful work environment.

Advice to Management

Be honest about your promotion policies and be upfront about the true lack of any opportunities other than learning how to fold towels the 'Waterworks way'.

10. "Great products lousy work environment."

Former Employee - Designer in Danbury, CT
    Former Employee - Designer in Danbury, CT

Pros

Nice line of products. They have very beautiful and expensive lines of bathroom fixtures and accessories. Most of which I could not afford because I worked for them.

Cons

The people there are very negative. The senior management had a better the thou attitude. Working there reminded me of the show Ugly Betty. I saw people promoted and laid off a few months later. There was a lot of micro managing and management seemed rarely open to an new ideas.

Advice to Management

Any advice would fall on deaf ears because senior management changes over with the weather.