Watkins Wellness Reviews | Glassdoor

Steve Hammock

1. "Fantastic Workplace"

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Watkins Wellness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, committed to providing marketers with the best tools (especially valuable in Digital Marketing!) that can be had and letting them get after their goals. Watkins puts their money where there mouth is and invests in their people development. A top notch organization all around.

Cons

Everyone in the organization wants to take on too much at times, so a bit of a self induced problem :)

Advice to Management

Stay the course! Your commitment to your people sets you apart, don't lose that.

Watkins Wellness Response

Mar 13, 2017 – Senior Talent Acquisition Manager

Hello, Thank you for providing your review. We appreciate you taking the time to do so. -Shephali Bhatt, Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager at Watkins Wellness.

2. "Review 1"

Former Employee - Senior Level in Vista, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Level in Vista, CA

I worked at Watkins Wellness full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, bonus programs and profit sharing. A lot of good people.

Cons

VP level clueless about middle management not taking responsibility for their actions and scape gloating lower level employees. A lot of tefllon in the middle management arena. Sr. Managemnt listens to lies by long term"trusted key employees"

Advice to Management

Talk with lower level management and exempt employees to find out what middle management is doing to the. Company. Stop being gullible with smoke and mirror presentations by middle management. Don't be so gullible.

Watkins Wellness Response

Mar 13, 2017 – Senior Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We are interested in learning more of what you are referring to in the above statements. If you're willing to discuss this further, please ... More

3. "Amazing employer - best in my professional experience!"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Vista, CA

I have been working at Watkins Wellness full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

So many pros - Watkins is considered an 'industry leader' of spa manufacturing. The brand names are well known in the market, and are treated with high regard. The 'Watkins Way' key values (Ethical, Transparent, Accommodating, Work-Life Balance, Safety First, Accountable, Relationships, Passionate, Team Players, and Goal Driven) are reflected in all of us, from top management and the CEO, to the blue-collar work-force. Watkins provides competitive pay, on-going opportunity for growth, positive work environment, and great benefits. Watkins also won 2nd best company to work for in San Diego County, 2 years in a row (2014, 2015). I LOVE working for this company!

Cons

The high quality products we make set high expectations for the work we do - and like any growing company, we sometime experience growth pains. However, the examples of leadership from our executive staff helps us all overcome these challenges.

Advice to Management

Always use transparent communication, open door policy, active listening, and clear understand of expectations.

5. "Benefits at Watkins"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA

Pros

Watkins provides numerous tools for growth. There are course at facility, online, or local college. Additionally staff are encouraged to join Watkins Toastmasters Club. Toastmasters provides opportunity to improve speaking skills, and leadership skills. Numerous members are voted to lead the club as Club Officers. Watkins takes this into account in yearly performance evaluations as well as annual award recognition.

Cons

A growing company experiencing growing pains. Upper management continues to support adding resources to so employees can enjoy work / home balance.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your constant support for Toastmasters Club. Many member were very shy. Through your support, the club encouraged and worked with them to gain the self-confidence they yearned for.

6. "Where People Matter"

Current Employee - Safety & Compliance Manager in Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Safety & Compliance Manager in Vista, CA

I have been working at Watkins Wellness full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been at Watkins for over 25 years. During my time at Watkins management has been very supportive and engaged in my development helping me advance in my career. At Watkins you go as far as you aim to go, with hard work and dedication the sky is the limit here. Thanks to internal opportunities I have been promoted to key positions and I'm still growing. Thanks you Watkins.

Cons

Employees are so happy here they don't want to leave. We have a lot of employees that are over 65 years of age that don't want to retire. They like it here just a little too much.

Advice to Management

Keep on caring and don't ever change. Watkins is a big company with the heart and soul of a small company. Steve Hammock our president knows everyone by name. Wow! To take the time know everyone name working for you is AMAZING.

7. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Vista, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Vista, CA

I worked at Watkins Wellness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to really brand yourself with your clients and dealers. This job allows you to be flexible enough that, for those that are creative and driven, you can really make it your own.

Cons

Travel was more than advertised. Being in a different time zone was difficult for meetings to be scheduled and respectful on when the work days end

Advice to Management

Training, especially orientation could use improvement. Talking growth opportunities with defined paths could also be encouraging for employees

"Watkins Mfg."

I worked at Watkins Wellness full-time

Pros

The benefits are good through Masco

Cons

High turn over in purchasing and planning, no support from middle management, A lot of CYA

Advice to Management

Evaluate middle management in Supply Chain. Have outside auditor confirm price and cost savings are accurate

"Mixed bag"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA

I worked at Watkins Wellness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and seemingly friendly environment. Nice offices. Ample parking space. Good level of stress, yet pace of progress is slow as there is focus on the minutiae. Company has good wellness program. MASCO affiliation. Rigorous processes.

Cons

If you’re not in the inner circle, then you’re fully out in the cold on your own! Claim a motto to make the best better, yet senior management is closed to new ideas, except the ones they are inclined to listen to. Gossip. No proper feedback mechanism. Parochial company. Strong hierarchy, and an unwritten rule to respect it!

Advice to Management

Loosen up and listen more!

"Good Marketing Career Opportunity"

Current Employee - Marketing in Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Vista, CA

I have been working at Watkins Wellness full-time

Pros

- Executive vision, strategy and goals are clearly articulated and communicated
    - Excellent benefits & bonus compensation based on performance; consistently high bonus pay-outs
    - Challenging, fast-paced work environment as the company is in transformation
    - Good people, very intelligent marketers, solid values across the company, fairly strong collaboration
    - Masco (Fortune 250) owned company, bringing lots of support for new marketing initiatives

Cons

- Entirely dependent on your role, there are occasional work/life balance issues due to big launches/projects. Most people seem to work a true 8-5pm schedule, which means work-life balance is pretty good across the company
    - Lack of clear career development opportunities historically, though this is changing for the better
    - Could benefit from additional efforts to create risk-taking culture
    - Some tenured employees come across as not very engaged or challenged by their managers and this can be discouraging, especially to hard-working newcomers would like to see opportunities opened up for advancement

Advice to Management

Support a culture of creativity and let your lower-level management loose to own major components of strategy. Be open to questioning the way it's always been done.

"Outstanding place to work. The Watkins Way is what makes us different then the competition."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA

Pros

People are respected. The leaders of the company run the business well. We were able to survive a very difficult economic downturn. The Layoffs were difficult for us all, however the company worked hard at keeping the employees motivated. I've noticed some of our laid off employees are starting to come back. Way to go Watkins.

Cons

It's very busy and everyone is working very hard. Not that this is a bad thing just something we need to get through until things in the economy gets better.

Advice to Management

Keep taking care of us and making the right decisions.