Watson Clinic Reviews in Lakeland, FL | Glassdoor

Lakeland, FL

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Louis S. Saco

1. "So proud to work here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Watson Clinic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interview, hiring, contract, and orientation process is professional and seamless. The clinic is well respected in the community. The salaries & benefits are fairly competitive. The people are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Employer 401(k) matches only 1% of the employees salary....no matter how much the employee contributes.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Please consider a higher 401K match.

Aug 17, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking time to complete a review here on Glassdoor. I am always happy to read of the experiences our teammates have during the on boarding process. Please know that we are always ... More

2. "Patient service specialist"

Former Employee - Patient Service Specialist in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Patient Service Specialist in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Watson Clinic (More than 5 years)

Pros

Big company room for growth

Cons

Favoritism and seniority with certain employees. They don't care about personal or family situations.

Advice to Management

We aren't just a number..when you dedicate 5 yrs of life to a company and bc of a personal situation your fired at the drop of a hat no communication or explaination to tell side of things; lost all benefits..they don't care.

"Not Family oriented."

Former Employee - Medical Receptionist in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Medical Receptionist in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Watson Clinic (More than a year)

Pros

The company offers Great pay and benefits. Matches 401k and pays for employee life insurance.

Cons

Do not miss any time due to family emergency or emergency with your children you will be terminated. Nothing is excused regarding missed hours. All sick time is taken from your PTO time until you are out for more then 3days. No open door policy. Not family oriented. Do not go and talk to the Employee HR help staff if you have issues with anyone because the person you have issues with or complaints of will know it was you and will make your life miserable.

"RN"

Current Employee - Staff in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Watson Clinic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone I have encountered, no matter what department they work in, have been so friendly and helpful!!! I feel like I'm already a part of the Watson Clinic family!

Cons

I haven't experienced any negatives so far.

Apr 20, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Chris Walsh HR Manager

"patient services receptionist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Pros

Good place to work and many different areas which is nice because you can transfer to different positions. It's a busy place makes your days fly by. Vacation accrued time is excellant.

Cons

Parking usually averages 1 to 2 blocks away but they shuttle you in. At times it's trying when you submit a time off request it goes by seniority if multiple employees put in for the same day off.

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees with appreciation days. It's the little things that go a long way.

Dec 21, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

Patient Services is such an important role here at the Clinic. You all are our first impression area and I am proud to say that we continuously receive positive patient feedback about our staff and ... More

"Staff"

I have been working at Watson Clinic full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been employed by Watson Clinic for many years. I find it to be a great company to work for. There are a lot of benefits we get that other companies do not offer. I am happy to have a job that I enjoy and coworkers that are great to work with.

Cons

Due to the economy we have lost some of our perks that we use to have. Like company picnics, Christmas bonuses, longevity bonus and this was something that employee enjoyed and looked forward to.
    Our parking situation is a big problem.

Advice to Management

Work on trying to get one of the perks listed above back, I think it would help morale and give employees something to look forward too.

Nov 24, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

Your feedback is much appreciated and I will work diligently on trying to get an old perk or two back. It is only through constructive comments like yours hat we are able to know what to focus ... More

"Management"

Current Employee - Management in Lakeland, FL

Pros

Excellent place to work and learn

Cons

None on this date and time

Nov 18, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Chris Walsh HR Manager

"Watson Clinic"

Current Employee - Clinical Services in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Clinical Services in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Watson Clinic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Benefits are good also they do fun things through out the year like Detroit Tigers Baseball Games, luncheons, employee appreciation awards and stuff.
    Respected among the community of Lakeland. Good place to work for.

Cons

Parking is not close and it is a dirt lot. My car is always dirty now.

Advice to Management

be a little more flexible

Nov 11, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us.I always enjoy hearing suggestions from our staff. Chris Walsh HR Manager

"Current Employee"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Watson Clinic full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, Monday - Friday

Cons

NO profit sharing
    NO annual company picnic
    NO service bonuses
    NO Christmas bonuses

Nov 18, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. It is always great to see the longevity that employees have here at Watson. Please know that while we may not currently have the ... More

"Just say No !"

I have been working at Watson Clinic full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

None at this point really - Convenient to kids schools and home. It's sad that there are no pros at this point, not even for a long term employee.

Cons

LOW PAY. HORRIBLE BENEFIT PACKAGE. Low raises - if any. 1% 401k match. Low education reimbursement. Not enough educators. Horrible HR department-although the new HR manager is intelligent and is trying help change the current HR 's old way of doing things.
    Organization is not open to suggestions and has an attitude of "if you don't like it here- leave ".There are no merit raises here! It doesn't matter if you are a great employee or the worst employee ever, you get the same 1 or 2 % raise if your lucky. They give no motivation to their employees to want to stay. Most stay out of convenience and proximity to where they live. Morale is horrible. It has gotten worse over the past 10 years and there is no light at the end of this tunnel.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes- look at how top performing companies treat their employees. If you want great employees that are dedicated to the clinics success, pay them what they are worth. Show them they are valued and the most important part of this company. Time the change SENIOR ADMINS if they can't change with the times.

Nov 11, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

I was greatly saddened to read your opinions of working at Watson Clinic. I can imagine the changes that you have seen having been employed here for more than 10 years. I can assure you that there ... More