Watson Dwyer Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Lucy Putlak

"Great Place to Intern or Work Full Time"

Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Chicago, IL

Pros

I interned at Watson Dwyer summer 2015 and knew that I wanted to come back summer 2016. When I first joined the company last year, everyone was very welcoming and helpful in showing me the ropes to all aspects of recruiting. From experienced professionals I was trained on networking, sourcing using career sites like CareerBuilder, data entry with our internal database (Bullhorn), proofing resumes, interviewing candidates, doing reference checks, creating job advertisements, cold-calling potential candidates, and more. I was able to work on a wide variety of jobs, whichever jobs sparked my interest. I was also given great flexibility in terms of my work schedule. While I primarily worked full time, I was able to take days off for other personal/school commitments as needed. The company understands the concept of a work/life balance and allowed me to have an enjoyable summer while working. Everyone in the office is so nice and helpful. While some recruiting environments may be competitive, Watson Dwyer truly is a collaborative environment with all recruiters working on each other's positions and offering support. I'm so glad I was able to come back for my second year of interning, and I know I have gained valuable experience that I have already been able to discuss during interviews and use in my day-to-day life. Thanks for a great two summers!

Cons

I honestly don't have any cons to my experience at Watson Dwyer as an intern. I would recommend interning at Watson Dwyer to any of my friends and peers, regardless of whether or not they are studying HR.

"Long standing relationships"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Watson Dwyer full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Solid clients! A core team of veterans in the staffing industry and although there is pressure, unlike other staffing agencies, you are not hovered over being asked if you made a 100 calls for the day. Good blend of seasoned vets and young up an comers that bring technology to the forefront.

Cons

The job is what YOU make of it. Working hard, smart and going the extra mile will make you successful. Anything less will be setting yourself up for mediocrity.

"Highly recommended place to work at!"

Former Employee - Human Resources Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Human Resources Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Watson Dwyer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Awesome coworkers - everyone is very friendly and always willing to lend a hand
    2. Company culture - laid back yet professional
    3. Earn greater recognition for success and benefits (free trips, bonuses)

Cons

1. Steep learning curve - You have to contribute and put in the effort right away to make a good impression

Advice to Management

Very fun group of people to work with

"Recruitment Consultant"

Former Employee - Lead Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Lead Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Watson Dwyer full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the people I worked with. They were very helpful and there was good communication throughout the office.

Cons

There wasn't any direction from upper management.

"Love working here!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant/Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant/Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Watson Dwyer full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome co-workers, lots of freedom to develop your own work style, complete ownership of your desk, able to work both candidate and client side, open to new ideas, diversity in the types of jobs we work on, supportive team (no in-house competition), management actively involved, 401K match.

Cons

Base salary low for entry level employees and not a lot of guidance to start (you need to be self-motivated to do well).

Advice to Management

Never stop improving.

"Best place to work as a Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Watson Dwyer full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can make my own schedule. I am not micromanaged, and my success in the industry and with this firm is based solely on my own discipline and how hard I work. I love everyone, EVERYONE I work with and I can't say that about previous positions. This is a team environment, with the mentality of "work hard, play hard". Watson Dwyer believes in a Work-Life Balance.

Cons

I don't have any cons. Maybe a low starting salary? But I just graduated college, so I don't expect to make a base salary of $40K.

8. "Legal Assistant"

Pros

Great agency to work with, very professional, very respectful, very up front in their expectations and what they expect to be able to do to help their clients and their contractors.

Cons

The only con was not a con in the company but the market, I would have liked to have found a full time position through Watson Dwyer, but I did find one on my own and my transition from Watson Dwyer as a contract assistant to a law firm to my current position was seamless and gracious.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work. You're a great company!

"I enjoy working at Watson Dwyer.INC"

I have been working at Watson Dwyer full-time

Pros

I started out my career as a school teacher in Broken Bow, Oklahoma. After teaching for two years, I moved to Chicago and got my first job as a recruiter. I had long tenure at two agencies before coming to Watson Dwyer. I have been with Watson Dwyer now for five years and really enjoy the challenge of finding the right talent for my clients. I also enjoy working at Watson Dwyer as this organization offers an excellent work environment. This environment is very supportive and team oriented. The consultants help each other and we all strive to do our best for our clients.

Cons

We have so many open orders that is sometimes challenging to find the quality candidates that we need right away.

Advice to Management

Our management team is very supportive. Keep up the conversation with the employees as it helps all of us to stay focused and productive.

"Great team"

Pros

Great co-workers. Very stable team of professionals. Company allows a lot of autonomy and
    flexibility.

Cons

Too many orders...not enough candidates.

11. "take if you need the experience"

Pros

the people in the office are great

Cons

they pay very little for the work and expect a lot