Wave Broadband Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Steve Weed

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This company is growing, there are a lot of opportunities to grow with it (in 4 reviews)

• Free soda, some decent people, casual (in some cases, way too casual) dress code (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Micromanagement but it's a call center so that's expected (in 8 reviews)

• There is no parking and if your late 15 seconds you get written up (in 5 reviews)

1. "manage a departments"

I have been working at Wave Broadband full-time

Pros

Wave is focused on two key objectives: Treat the customer well. Treat the employees well. This is a great place to work if you really care about people. Plans are to hire nearly 100 people this year as we grow our business. Very existing place to work with lots of career growth opportunities. Very transparent management style with goals and objectives updates being shared regularly.

Cons

The Cable TV industry is messed up ... content providers raise their price so we have to raise our price and the customer blames us. BUT, the internet side of the business is great! We actually offer Gigabit connections to residents that works! Our competitors claim they do, but they don't.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in our system and expanding our data footprint so that we can bring our quick internet service to more customers.

2. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Broadband Tech in Owings Mills, MD
    Former Employee - Broadband Tech in Owings Mills, MD

I worked at Wave Broadband full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are excellent, happy to work with all of them.

Cons

The hours are killer, but that's not Wave's fault, it's broadband as a technology and just the way it all works out.

3. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Wave Broadband (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing but good to say! This is a wonderful company to work for.

Cons

Only that there are some growing pains that need to be worked out

"Installation Technician"

Current Employee - Installer in Port Orchard, WA
    Current Employee - Installer in Port Orchard, WA

I have been working at Wave Broadband full-time

Pros

Rewarding work, challenging and interesting, good coworkers, good bosses

Cons

Sometimes long hours, high workload pressure

Advice to Management

Try to get the work load under control

5. "fun company"

Pros

- opportunities
    - benefits for selling

Cons

- pay rate
    - parking
    - Communication throughout departemtns

Advice to Management

N/A

"Great benefits, perks and coworkers!"

Current Employee - BBT in Woodburn, OR
    Current Employee - BBT in Woodburn, OR

I have been working at Wave Broadband full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management, dispatch and other techs are very pleasant to work with. I have never before worked for a company that cares so much for its employees. They provide a voucher to get a great pair of boots, a company phone, a company vehicle if applicable( with the option to start from home), and after 3 months you get all services for free if you live in a service area. The PTO is great,with paid holidays and 3 floating holidays, 5 days PTO after 90 days and another 5 days of vacation after a year,and the PTO rolls over up to 120 hours. Medical, dental, vision and 401k, quarterly incentive bonuses and profit sharing. Benefits aren't too expensive, either.
    It's also great to not have someone breathing down your neck while your working, but if you have a problem, there are several people available to contact with any questions, and if need be, they will send another tech your way to help out.

Cons

I like overtime, but with a family it can sometimes get to be a little stressful. Generally, it's kept under control pretty well,though.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and positive attitudes! And regular feedback on your overall view of how an employee is doing makes a big difference.

7. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Permit Technician in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Permit Technician in Kirkland, WA

Pros

Great employee benefits, flexible work environment

Cons

Not really any, to be honest

"Opportunities for those who look"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Pros

Good benefits
    Orca Card
    Close to freeways
    Opportunities for advancement

Cons

Occasional desk sharing
    strict attendance policy especially regarding tardies

Advice to Management

Listen to your team. Actually care what the employees have to say and the feedback that they give you. There are a TON of super talented people who don't get the full support and the opportunities that they deserve. Recognize where it's due.

Don't micro-manage. Understand that this is not beneficial to your employees or you as an employer.

"Great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Wave Broadband full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is growing, there are a lot of opportunities to grow with it.

Cons

Because the company is growing and buying other companies there are some problems coming up where the old guard of some of the purchased companies do not want to change and accept the new direction of the larger company

Advice to Management

There needs to be more accountability or better integration of the purchased companies in to the greater Wave fold

"I love working for Wave (first real job)"

Current Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Wave Broadband full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a growing company with lots of room to improve, learn a lot and be a part of something that is getting increasingly better all the time.

Cons

The experience with other CSR employees 9customer service) I adore everyone. Although the training could be more expansive. There is not much guidance on how to mange your time, your work or your tasks. It's go, go, go because there is plenty to do. We simply need more people to handle the growing volume.

Management and leads could do more. But not alone. There should be several more specialized leads. More of a Retention Team. There is only one lead, and I have yet to have a meeting with him on how to improve. Granted my scores and stats are great. But there is a lot to this position that is above me because of lack of experience.

The resources to learn more on your own are also lacking. There is not take home resources to expand on. Even the inside databases lack information. It's either really old information to look at, or the last big email everyone received at once.

I love working here but I hope they are open to people who have skills that could be utilized in the call center environment.

Also, there needs to be a way to better communicate events. We're required to give feedback every day, but we aren't required or taught how to follow up on issues to retain current customers with the most current issues. Follow up trainging and resources are needed to good Customer Suppport, which we do try very hard for every day. The teams are great, we just need more. So do the leads, they need more skills and more help, and much more time to grow. They shouldn't be taking so many SUP CALLs. That is for sure... We should all work harder to resolve issues. This is not pressed in the slightest, nor are we allowed the time when the *few* of us who do try, simply are denied the necessary time. Going back to the point, that there just isn't enough poeple.

If you want a challenge, are up for fast pace and growth opporunity working with customers and being on the computer, this job is for you. The benefits for getting your stats, meeting your goals are great. I make over $2000 a month, and earning more consistently every month for my improvement.

Was promoted to retention after less than a year. Granted, this was a good choice for my personality/care for customers.

Advice to Management

Grow your leads to specify skills and grow the teams.