Wave Broadband Reviews | Glassdoor

Wave Broadband Reviews

Updated April 4, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Micromanagement but it's a call center so that's expected (in 8 reviews)

• They are not competing on the ground level with proper safety tools, training, actual tools to perform the work techs are asked to do and low pay (in 4 reviews)

"Run as fast as you can..."

Current Employee - IT Operations in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - IT Operations in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Wave Broadband full-time

Pros

Good place to get your foot in the door to learn something about the industry before you flee for a better paying alternative.

Cons

Lack of communication from the VP level. Company is just going through the motions until they sell to Comcast, Charter or someone else. No long-term planning being discussed. Work site and building area is like a war zone. Construction on the new Kirkland Urban means no parking for anyone. You need to park 1 mile away and shuttle bus in unless you get there early enough to find parking on the street. Good luck trying to go anywhere for lunch or even to nearby QFC due to the construction. They can't even hold interviews on site because of the lack of parking. Management keeps dangling the promise of a new building in front of everyone, but it's 2 or 3 years away, and everyone knows Wave will be sold and gone by then. Really demoralizing. Add to the fact that you will be severely underpaid here compared to just about anywhere else, and its just rubbing salt in the wound. Every year we are subjected to employee satisfaction surveys, and every year they totally ignore the core issues of concern. We spend one hour talking about the results and that's it for the year. Totally inept and narcissistic senior leadership that only care about cutting costs and personnel to be more attractive for the next buyer.

Advice to Management

Every year communication and compensation are the leading areas of concern on our surveys, yet you continue to ignore them both. One or two emails from the CEO a quarter is not good communication. Your staff wants to know more about the future of this company. And pay us fairly, dammit!

"Dispatcher"

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Kirkland, WA

Pros

Good boss, nice environment, I love the job, Co-workers are always helpful and will not let you down, the team work is awesome. Company benefits are not that bad (was actually so much better than my previous job). Location is nice, its in the center of Kirkland.

Cons

Parking is a bit of a challenge right now because the whole Parkplace is being renovated, it looks like Hulk took a leg drop at this place. As long as you don't mind favoritism and office politics and just mind your own business like me you will be fine.

Pay rate can be better, probably reason why people leave.

Advice to Management

To my boss, keep up the good work and thank you for working hard to make this place better.

"Standard Tech Support"

Former Employee - TSR Tier II in Rocklin, CA
    Former Employee - TSR Tier II in Rocklin, CA

Pros

Being able to work independently. Even as a tier 1 tech support, you're free to take calls without anyone breathing down your neck.

Cons

Low pay, low chance of promotion. Was there for 3 years, never promoted beyond tier 2.

Advice to Management

Let people that want to make it a career do so.

"Installation Technician"

Current Employee - Installer in Port Orchard, WA
    Current Employee - Installer in Port Orchard, WA

I have been working at Wave Broadband full-time

Pros

Rewarding work, challenging and interesting, good coworkers, good bosses

Cons

Sometimes long hours, high workload pressure

Advice to Management

Try to get the work load under control

"broadband technician"

Former Employee - BBT I in Port Angeles, WA
    Former Employee - BBT I in Port Angeles, WA

I worked at Wave Broadband full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get good training meet awesome people within your tech group.

Cons

No room for advancement if your young they don't listen to you. Shove you to the side due to age.

Advice to Management

Look at the younger they are willing to work hard and learn.

7. "Cable Store Lead"

Former Employee - Lead in Concord, CA
    Former Employee - Lead in Concord, CA

I worked at Wave Broadband full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, compensation, working and conditions. I was always treated extremely well.

Cons

The hours and weekend shift was a sometimes difficult.

8. "Company environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Wave Broadband (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people. Good place to start a career. The work is challenging due to company growth and depending on the position.

Cons

The company is going through growing pains, the pay is low. The benefits could be better but are decent.

Advice to Management

Keep the employees if they are doing good work and pay them the market rate. Overall it would be in the company's interest to retain the employees and pay them market rate. The benefits could be better.

"Wave Broadband"

Former Employee - Accountant in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Accountant in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Wave Broadband full-time

Pros

Great group of people to work with. Co-workers willing to help each other to get tasks done.

Cons

What more can I say....Pay sucks! Significantly below market rate and overloaded with responsibilities. They don't value their employees. They just take take and take and abuse you until you can't stand it anymore and you leave. Annual review is more of an insult than anything else. Lots of favoritism. Employees turnover is amazingly high (it's like a revolving door) . Company made all employees to believe that they pay their employees at market rate. ( That's baloney!) Each year they have employees' survey....and the two most lowest scores are: pay and lack of communication from management team. They made many attempts to resolve these issues and when it comes to the "pay" discussion they spent like two minutes on the subject ( literally they brushed it off...truly sad!)
    It's no brainer...take some money away from top managements and distribute to the rest of workers to bring them up to market rate. DONT EVER CONSIDERED OF WORKING FOR WAVE...YOU WILL RIDE THE WAVE!!

Advice to Management

Stop hiring all the VP's and pay them a ton load of $$$. Let's start paying the rest of your staff more and bring them up to market rate than you don't have to deal with such a high turnover rate across all departments. Let's show that you care for the rest of your staff.

"Cool if you want to work like a slave and work for peanuts"

Current Employee - Field Technician in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Field Technician in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Wave Broadband full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At least they legally have to pay me or else it wouldn't be worth it.

Cons

Everything, hard to work with. The only good reviews are from companies they have taken over.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees personal lives. A lot of them have families.

11. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Wave Broadband (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing but good to say! This is a wonderful company to work for.

Cons

Only that there are some growing pains that need to be worked out