Wayfair Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

Niraj Shah
  1. "Great place to work"

Former Intern - Data Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at Wayfair for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment Empowers employees, even as an intern Promotes collaboration Free snacks, coffee, beer

Cons

None, however much of the experience depends on the team you're with

Wayfair2020-01-07
  2. "Great time"

Former Intern - Business Systems Analyst

I worked at Wayfair for less than a year

Pros

I had great hardworking coworkers. They were great people to work with

Cons

Potentially Long hours, may have just been the team

Wayfair2020-01-17
  3. "Good work culture"

Former Intern - Supply Chain Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at Wayfair for less than a year

Pros

Pod outings and good team building exercises

Cons

Manual processes needs work automation

Wayfair2020-01-06

"Looks great from the outside, is horrible on the inside"

Former Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at Wayfair full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Young professionals are able to start their careers out of college here - Snack walls/kegs in kitchen - Ability to take on a lot from the start - People are great! Made some of my best friends at Wayfair - Gym membership deals with BSC/Lifetime Fitness - Commuter benefits

Cons

- No work/life balance. Because of high turnover, you have too much work for a normal work week, however, they expect you to finish it all - even if you express you have too much. In turn, you work more. - If you come in early, people turn their heads when/if you leave before 5pm. You're always watched and there's a sense of guilt when you leave early, even if managers say it's okay and you put in your 8 hours. - High, high, HIGH turnover (if you're there a year, you're considered a veteran). This leads to lots of gaps in work flows and and inefficiencies all across the board. You spend so much time training one person and they leave. - Upper management doesn't care about lower levels - their opinions are not heard. - People that are L1/their opinions are looked down up from people in higher levels - Upper management often doesn't challenge their manager/director. Therefore, bad ideas trickle down and cause so many issues. Higher ups don't know the specifics. If managers - Impossible to move up in the chain unless you "buy in" and are a favorite - Review cycles are 3 months long. It's painful and you get little out of it. - No work from home policy - Things change so frequently that it feels like constant chaos and putting out fires. Everything is a priority because nothing is organized properly by upper management - Pay is not competitive enough for a data company in Boston

Advice to Management

Listen to those below you and appreciate their hard work. Focus on employee retention and why people ultimately leave. Knowledge is continually lost as people continue to leave, and it's not being passed on. I constantly heard "what did we do last year? why did we decide to do this?" because all the people who knew, left. Consider flattening the hierarchy there and not making it impossible to succeed at Wayfair. Or if anything, take weight off of the promotions and levels. People use them

Wayfair2020-01-08

"Mediocre management at best"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wayfair's growing fast. They're investing in new ways to integrate with external business partners, which means lots of opportunities to own/lead high value-adding projects.

Cons

Wayfair notoriously pays way below industry average for anyone outside an engineering role. You could make 75% more at other companies. Providing high value that you can quantify and speak to at a multi-billion dollar company apparently isn't enough justification to get paid the industry average. Management promises you promotions, salary increases, etc, then reviews come back and they've pulled the rug from underneath you, giving bogus excuses, and ask that you wait another 6 months for the next review cycle.

Advice to Management

Don't promise your employees anything unless you're certain you can commit. It wastes your employees' time and gives them false hope, adding to Wayfair's declining employee NPS.

Wayfair2020-01-08
  6. "Account Management, Supply Chain Management & Logistics Operations"

Current Intern - Supply Chain Management Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair for less than a year

Pros

A great opportunity to work cross-functionally with different teams and open culture affect the work of people.

Cons

Low compensation to market level analysis

Wayfair2019-12-12

"A space to grow, be mentored, and have fun"

Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wayfair is a phenomenal place if you are relatively early in your career, or if you are looking to mentor others. I started a year after graduating undergrad, and have been here for 2 years, and honestly don't plan on leaving anytime soon. Not only is there incredible amounts of mentorship and coaching, but also general support and a true sense of being part of something special. I have learned A TON by being here, and have had a lot of fun. I just got promoted in my time here -- management is very transparent about what it takes to be promoted.

Cons

Getting promoted is hard. It takes a long time, and a lot of work. Don't come here for the pay

Wayfair2019-11-14

"Don't Bother"

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's in a good location in Boston. Unlimited snacks.

Cons

Poor management team. Toxic work environment. It's fairly common to have people get promotions because of the friends they make. Uninclusivity. Poor pay.

Advice to Management

Try putting people in management positions who a) know how to be managers or go through formal training b) will give people a fair chance to grow and succeed instead of being blamed for things they don't do.

Wayfair2019-12-16
  9. "AP Analyst Salary"

Current Employee - AP Analyst

I have been working at Wayfair full-time

Pros

The culture at Wayfair is unmatched

Cons

Other than engineers they pay their employees poorly

Wayfair2019-11-11
  10. "Great place to begin your career"

Former Intern - Marketing Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at Wayfair for less than a year

Pros

Its a great place to learn in the beginning days of your career.

Cons

Tight deadlines, long work hours and its not as tech-savvy as it claims to be.

Wayfair2019-11-18