Wayfair Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Wayfair CEO Niraj Shah
Niraj Shah
1,218 Ratings
  1. "Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager - Mobile Applications in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great total compensation - Growing team - Open feedback culture - Limitless opportunities to grow

Cons

- Lots of teams/people to coordinate with - Can be difficult to introduce new tools/ideas

Wayfair2019-08-28
  2. "Wayfair is way cool"

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've enjoyed working at Wayfair, way more than I ever thought that I would. I've not ever been in an environment in my 35 year career that is so collaborative and where people are willing to help others and work work on and solve problems. I work within the Wayfair storefront mobile application team and the problems we are solving are exceedingly challenging but the technology we are using is excellent. Some of the high points are: * All ideas are welcome and discussed. There are a ton of different opinions and not all opinions are acted upon but I've never felt "put down" because of an idea or opinion. * I have not been in a company before where diversity is so highly valued. With this diversity comes a wide range of opinions and ideas. * Wayfair is very data driven. They always try to make decisions based based upon data. If they try something new, they then monitor the results and analyze to determine if it was the right course based upon data. If not, they change course. * Mistakes are OK to make, as mistakes are experience which contribute to better decisions in the future. * Management really care about the employees. I've witnessed multiple occasions where decisions were made that benefit the ambitions and strengths of the employee. * The company is frugal. I don't mean that they are cheap but that we have a culture of careful spending. I've worked for companies in the past where it is hard to get a pencil. I have also worked at companies where there are few financial controls. Wayfair seams to have a good mix of financial oversight and spending where it will be beneficial. * The company focuses on a great customer experience. It doesn't matter if the customer is an employee, a vendor, or a consumer, all teams strive to service the customer at exceptional levels. * At Wayfair, we push boundaries with technology. This is very cool and very exciting to figure out new and exciting ways to tackle very complex problems using technology. * There is a big focus on teamwork. Even as diverse as our workforce is, we try to build unity, especially around teams. We have team outings each month (paid for by Wayfair) which helps to build that unity.

Cons

As with any big company, Wayfair has their challenges. Onboarding is a bit tough, especially given the growth of the company. An employee's first week sometimes is full of small problems, like issues with permissions or with computer equipment or access.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work.

Wayfair2019-08-28
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Positive Experience"

Current Employee - Category Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great role for young adults after school.

Cons

300 person department makes promotions difficult and unclear.

Wayfair2019-08-25

"I wake up everyday excited to go to work. I think that says it all."

Current Employee - Manager II in Elmira, NY

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/Life balance. Authentic engagement. No offices. No fancy titles. We work hard, have tons of fun and get a lot done.

Cons

Salaries on the Sales side could be more competitive with similar brick and mortar roles. We move fast as it’s part of our core values. At times too fast and don’t consider unintended consequences of pivots. Getting better as Mgmt tenures and matures.

Advice to Management

Unnecessary. We’re an open and collaborative environment. I’ve had no hesitation bringing concerns to anyone in our company including those I mentioned above.

Wayfair2019-08-23
  6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - AP Analyst

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic perks and benefits Great young culture

Cons

It's a very fast paced office

Wayfair2019-08-21
  7. "Great place to advance your career"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive, fun work environment. Employer-provided training is comprehensive and benefits are great. It's a rapidly growing company, and you can ride its success if you stick with it. Compensation standards are rising rapidly.

Cons

Compensation isn't yet as strong as other companies in its peer class.

Wayfair2019-08-18
  8. "Great place to progress your work experience and meet other young, smart, driven coworkers"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ownership of work stream at all levels, especially junior levels Smart, young, driven co-workers Fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative work environment Ample opportunities to grow skill set and transfer between teams/departments Great place to make life-long friends

Cons

No longer a start-up, don't look here if looking for small company feel

Wayfair2019-08-15

"Great place for growth"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for less than a year

Pros

Quickly learn the business and are given opportunities to grow. The team encourages you to meet with stakeholders and senior business leaders. It's a very collaborative environment and has a great team culture. There is a lot of room for growth and a lot to learn from the leaders and team around you.

Cons

Learning how to manage stakeholders can be challenging if not given the opportunity to interact with them. Managers are sometimes given more than they can manage and you have to be proactive in getting the help you need.

Wayfair2019-08-09
  10. "Great place to start career, culture is dependent on department"

Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Competitive pay - Lots of young people (can be pro or con...) - Work with very smart and great people - Since the company is growing rapidly, there are plenty of opportunities to get promoted. They do not follow a standard two year promotion cycle for new graduates- you can get promoted within a year if you prove yourself - Opportunities to move jobs within the company - In my department, I feel like upper management really cares about their employees. Upward feedback is encouraged and listened to. I have heard this varies a lot by department though - Great work/life balance with flexible WFH and hours (dependent on department) - I have been able to work on high-visibility projects and have gained useful experience that makes me more marketable - Discounted BSC and Equinox gym membership, snacks, discount on items from the website, monthly team outings, quarterly company parties - Great office location with plenty of lunch options nearby

Cons

- Hiring very quickly- hard to maintain the close-knit culture - Becoming increasingly more bureaucratic - Harder to make an impact - Only 6 official holidays - Review process takes a total of three months- from the start of writing reviews to getting a compensation and/or promotion change

Advice to Management

Continue listening to your employees.

Wayfair2019-08-03
  11. "Great place to grow with positive reinforcement"

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Wayfair full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very energetic, intelligent coworkers who love challenges & competition. People constantly helping each other to get better results. Management interactive and supportive of any ideas

Cons

Daily ride into city but true in any city.

Advice to Management

Continue to support others so the best can continue to get better.

Wayfair2019-08-01