Waymouth Farms Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Finally....needed changes"

Current Employee - Production
    Current Employee - Production

I have been working at Waymouth Farms full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New owner shows genuine concern for employees, gets to know all employees not just people in the office. It's only been a few months but the place feels different already. Finally understanding that people make mistakes and no longer yelled at and automatically written up without hearing our side. New owner wants to find solutions not chop heads. Good advancement chances, promotion from within good.

Cons

Sometimes asked to work overtime without a lot of notice. Pay could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep on this path and people will stay. Like the new respect for the employees.

2. "Admin Clerk"

Former Employee - Administrative in New Hope, MN
    Former Employee - Administrative in New Hope, MN

Pros

Great benefits, Stability
    Was good to me as far as advancing my career.

Cons

Bad VP, hope new CEO got rid of him
    Career killer for all Purchasing related positions

3. "Excited to return after 5 years to see many positive changes"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Waymouth Farms full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New CEO, leadership that cares about their people, many long time team members and great to see that many have been promoted to positions in supervision, management, purchasing and R&D. New initiatives to drive growth. Well established quality product brands.

Cons

Variety of electro-mechanical equipment and artisan processes and thin on production technicians causing some overtime.

Advice to Management

Continue effort to build positive team culture, invest in your people and they will get the hard work done.

"NEW OWNERSHIP - NEW CULTURE"

Current Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Waymouth Farms full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

More trusting, positive and engaging culture since ownership change and new leadership. Strong vision for growth. People blossoming.

Cons

Need more people buying into new culture.

Advice to Management

Keep at it. Better atmosphere making all the difference.

5. "Admin"

Pros

The only positive I can think of is that some of the people are great, but the quality ones leave so quickly you barely get to know them.

Cons

Toxic work environment, constant belittling by upper management, yelling and profanity on a daily basis, higher turnover than I've ever seen. Benefits and pay are a joke. This place will suck out your soul. If you are even considering taking an offer-don't!

Advice to Management

Stop treating employees like dispensable punching bags.

6. "Cheap pay"

Current Employee - Order Picker in New Hope, MN
    Current Employee - Order Picker in New Hope, MN

I have been working at Waymouth Farms full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i like my co workers they are easy to get alone with and very helpful.

Cons

If you're looking for a big raise forget it! You'll get one once a year which could be a quarter. But the President of the company says you have to prove you deserve anything worthy of the job.

Advice to Management

If you want employees to stick around pay them a decent salary for their work.

7. "Worse company ever"

Pros

Awards and Incentives for attendance, leadership and years of service

Cons

Management, Big turnovers, always told at meetings that if we were unhappy the door is right there..Poor tools for production employees to work with, little to no training regarding your job,Petty co workers who always worry and report about what you do or compete with you when everyone should be working as a team but working against each other.It's Quantity over Quality..EVERYTHING was on papers. Not up to date on any technology.NO PARKING...at least not enough for all employees..sometimes you would have to park across the street.If you park in the street, your car does get towed by the city and the Owner is not responsible.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and accept change.change is good!!

8. "Still here after 15 years"

Current Employee - Production/Warehouse in New Hope, MN
    Current Employee - Production/Warehouse in New Hope, MN

I have been working at Waymouth Farms full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been employeed here for over 15 years. The business has changed and so has upper management. Things are better today then they were when I began. Some things are still the same but many changes / improvements have been implemented due to increased business. I am not in management but fee the company is goingin the right direction. Todays management has increased sales and is making our company stronger.

Cons

Sometimes we have to work long hours to get the work done but we get overtime pay. Every so often weeknds are required. We work hard but get paid for it but at times its very hard work.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing all of us for continued growth. Also, we need to buy more equipment when we can to make things go faster. Most of us apprecaite the leadership and commitmnet upper managemnet shows. Keep hiring good stong people.

"Good Company Gone Bad"

I worked at Waymouth Farms full-time

Pros

Worked there for a long time. When I first started it was a great place to work, upper management was
    supportive and you were allowed to flourish in your work with little interference from above. There were a
    lot of good people working there and I enjoyed coming in each day.

Cons

Everything changed about 10 years ago when there was an almost complete change in upper management.
    There was no encouragement or respect for the employees and everyone was told repeatedly that if you
    did not like it there you could leave and be replaced with no problem. There was constant brow-beating and
    it became impossible to get anything done when every little thing had to be run through upper management.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing and give your employees some respect and you might be surprised at what they can
    accomplish.

"This is a very hostile environment with 70% turnover. People are fired every month."

I worked at Waymouth Farms full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The other employees are supportive and work as a team as much as possible. They have an interesting product line with which to work and grow.

Cons

Senior management is abusive, intimidating, profane and unforgiving. There is only one way to do things. You start believing that you can make a change and be part of a "family business", but you are pounded into submission day after day.