Wayne J. Griffin Electric Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Wayne J. Griffin

Pros
  • However, WJGEI is a merit-shop company and a great place to work (in 5 reviews)

• Plenty of work and incredible senior leadership (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is non existent (in 4 reviews)

• The pay is horrible unless you are on a "prevailing wage"job (in 4 reviews)

1. "Would Recommend"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holliston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holliston, MA

I have been working at Wayne J. Griffin Electric full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced and busy work environment, made manageable by the helpfulness and patience of coworkers. I have learned a lot in the short time I have been here, thanks to everyone's consistent willingness to take time to answer my questions and point me in the right direction. Wayne clearly cares about his employees, which is demonstrated not only by the competitive pay/benefits, but also by his attitude towards those he employs. I would recommend applying here to anyone who is willing to put in the worthwhile effort, and who wants to work in an environment with enormous potential for growth.

Cons

-Long hours, heavy workload
    -Some seemingly excessive paperwork, although everything serves a purpose

2. "Project Engineer"

I have been working at Wayne J. Griffin Electric full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wayne J. Griffin Electric is a great company for any potential candidates. Employers and Project Manager willing to take their time to invest in their employees and rewards their employees individually based on their merit. At WJGEI, there are plenty of works that goes around. As a Project Engineer, you might not even need a construction management background to be eligible to take on the position. Whether you're a beginner or experienced, you will still able to get the proper training to do the job. Project Engineer started out working in the offices and assists project manager with multiple projects and prep for any upcoming meetings. Project Engineer will spend 45 hours a week and report directly to their Project Managers. The job position is not that hard, there are other project engineer and PM willing to sit down with you to go over what they expect you to do based on your work pending lists. I believed working at WJGEI gives us the opportunity to learn new information, their in-house training and voluntary classes are free and open to every employee. Please review our company's website for the job position as each job will vary. However, WJGEI is a merit-shop company and a great place to work. I suggest this company for any graduates who wants to get into project management. This is a great start in your journey to experiences lots of hands-on work and in the field. The P.E. position will allow you to learn and be prepared you to become a Project Manager one day. Besides, everyone here is a team player, and they always welcome you and like you to achieve your goals.

Cons

There will always be work and will keep your hands wet. Don't expect this will be an easy job. There will be overtime work included in your weekly 45 hours work week which is great. Hourly pay vs. Salary might vary. For instance, bad weather day might cause you to stay home, so if you have to take a personal day, so you will end up getting regular hours which might affect the results of your weekly incomes. Starting out the position without doing an intern might also give us less of the decision making. Also, when some bad day like "Snow Day" occurs, you can't really work from home unless you have to take a day off using your Personal, Vacation, Sick Days. The intern who worked at WJGEI might know better what they like to do and know what they want to do when they sign up for a full-time job. If you started out becoming a full-time employee, it might be hard to know what you really like to do at this company. But it's not really a CON because you may still have the opportunity to requests any internal job changes if that position not suitable for you.

Advice to Management

Project Manager needs to be more specific with what they should expect from their Project Engineer. They should ask their P.E. what they like to learn and what they already know. Some employee might start out fresh, so there will be lots of training that might need before they may do the actual work. Also, the P.E. work pending should be review by their PM to see where they standing and also should do their work similar to another manager so no one should be different than another. Should be more open and able to grabs ur employees attention. Maybe invite your P.E to lunch or able to spend some time talking to your employees and get to know them and make them feel like home. As a project engineer, I think it's better to do an orientation starting out in three different positions. Let the employee go out to the field, office, estimating, purchasing, etc. At least doing some weekly trials to see if the position might be suitable rather than instantly hire them off the spot.

"Stay away!"

Former Employee - Construction in Holliston, MA
    Former Employee - Construction in Holliston, MA

I worked at Wayne J. Griffin Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and plenty to do

Cons

You won't ever be able to enjoy them.

"Very difficult place to work"

Former Employee - Administrative in Mendon, MA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Mendon, MA

I worked at Wayne J. Griffin Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people in the office are really great. Perhaps it is because we are all abused children trying to survive. Most of the field people are very professional and intelligent. Those that aren't are quickly weeded out. Decent benefits, not anything great.

Cons

Be prepared to be singled out in a meeting and called the most terrible things. Every call you receive from management could result in an explosive bout of diarrhea...you hope you aren't being summoned or scolded. In all seriousness you feel as though you are constantly under surveillance and that some kind of psychological manipulation is happening with each conversation. I have nightmares frequently regarding the possibility of being singled out in a meeting. Pay serious attention to the other reviews that aren't five stars. I swear it is true.

Advice to Management

Stop the psychological BS. Even though I don't think you can.

"Take these reviews on here to heart...the bad ones, the good ones were mandated by the company to be written and posted"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holliston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holliston, MA

I worked at Wayne J. Griffin Electric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job..that you'll loathe waking up to everyday

Cons

Where to begin...Wayne is an absolute lunatic, with zero respect for anyone while he demands it 100% from you. He is far beyond the point of believing there is a world outside his little fishbowl in Holliston. Instead of listing reasons, I'll give one which should tell you all need to know: you are REQUIRED to hand in an itemized list every Friday of what you did every minute of the past week. If that's not insane enough, Wayne spends his weekend reading all of them..and expect a call with him barking on the other end Monday morning calling you a stupid POS if you happen to forget to hand in your homework. Complete and utter lunacy at this place; sprint, don't run away. Or, if you're curious how NOT to treat people, work here and see for yourself.

Advice to Management

None, why speak to deaf ears? Keep doing what you're doing, Wayne makes money, and as we are reminded daily by the king himself, thats all that matters. Us and our paltry lives come second to Wayne and his three houses and yearly Cadillac upgrades.

"Read all of the reviews"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Holliston, MA

I have been working at Wayne J. Griffin Electric (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Very clean building. Some very nice people.

Cons

Please read all of the reviews. The truth is in several that have many likes.

Advice to Management

Na

"This company will file an appeal on you or try to sue you. This company is unreal! I am still suffering"

Former Employee - Electrical in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Electrical in Charleston, SC

Pros

No pros from me. No pros from me, I am sorry, I truly do wish I could share some pros.

Cons

Be careful and know what to look out for. Especially if you are not of strong family & friend ties to the company owner, if you are brown, automatically you are a "mexican" . Geez! They have such small minds.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Office Personnel in Holliston, MA
    Current Employee - Office Personnel in Holliston, MA

I have been working at Wayne J. Griffin Electric full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wayne J. Griffin Electric is like no other company. They are an open company which supports each other. Everyone is helpful and works hard. I have only been with the company a few months but have been happy with my co-workers, supervisors, my work, my time management and the requirements of the job. I work in the office and would recommend this company to anyone willing to work hard and willing to learn. This company will always put your education first and make available any knowledge needed.

Cons

I have yet to find a real negative with Wayne J. Griffin Electric though I know from reading the biggest complaint is the work load. To be honest yes you are kept busy but if you ever feel like you have too much on your plate you can talk to your supervisor and adjustments will be made. No one here is looking to overload you and if you are overwhelmed it is up to you to make it known.

"Best in the Business"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Wayne J. Griffin Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

At WJG you will work with the best in the business in both management and in the field. Having an in house apprentice program established in the Northeast and Southeast for over 20 years sets the company apart.

Cons

Nothing, I have been with the company 20+ years and my career has grown immensley.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

11. "Electrical Foreman"

Former Employee - Electrical Foreman in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Electrical Foreman in Worcester, MA

I worked at Wayne J. Griffin Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, pay and work opportunities

Cons

High stress environment, heavy work