Wayne State University Physician Group Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Wayne State University Physician Group President Lisa Keane
Lisa Keane

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Benefits are good if they don't increase next fiscal year" (in 4 reviews)

• "Benefits, Paid Time Off ( sure to change soon )" (in 2 reviews)

1. "researcher"

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Wayne State University Physician Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good work
    resources to excel

Cons

time bound researches
    No entertainment

Advice to Management

none

2. "Physician"

Current Employee - Physician in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Physician in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Wayne State University Physician Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Low number of patients, good schedule and average help resources.
    Good payment to number of patients.
    Salary based.
    You will feel Ok

Cons

Added work every few months.
    No incentive.
    Lots of drug seeking patients population.
    Social workers and case managers are great but low resources.

Advice to Management

Need more organized work

3. "Seek other employers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at Wayne State University Physician Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None for me. I will be moving on soon. Benefits are good if they don't increase next fiscal year!

Cons

Low office moral, no type of job advancement. The management staff is awful lack of communication with office staff. Inside office job lateral move positions no pay increase.

Advice to Management

Go back and take a Business Management course on office relations.

4. "UPG"

Pros

flexible schedule, good benefits, good colleagues

Cons

disorganized and slow corporate management

"Could Be Better"

Former Employee - Andministrative Assistant in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Andministrative Assistant in Detroit, MI

I worked at Wayne State University Physician Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Best part of working there was their cafeteria benefits.

Cons

Management was very insensitive to employees. Over worked and very unappreciated. Management allowed employees to get away with not doing their job and giving their work to the employees who performed up to and above standards. No accountability for employees who under performed. No raise for over 6 years. Many long term employees left the company in despair.

Advice to Management

Learn how to appreciate the employees who perform on a daily basis and hold underperformers accountable.

"Therapist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Wayne State University Physician Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Scheduling Flexibility; Well Trained and Team oriented Physicians, Nurse(s), Clerical Support

Cons

Poor communication and direction throughout administrative/management of organization; Lack of HR oversight; No forward thinking or planning on the operational level; Poor follow through with company compliance standards

Advice to Management

Systematic review of management performance in relation to employee turnover and employee satisfaction; need for more capital investment and training to increase future revenue streams

"Salary is below Beaumont, St Mary's and other health systems in the area"

Former Employee - Administrative in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Administrative in Detroit, MI

I worked at Wayne State University Physician Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are supportive and immediate supervisor is great.

Cons

Poor communication from corporate office. Employees are frequently hired and fired within 90 days. Constant revolving door. One never knows who is in what department at any given time.

Advice to Management

Utilize concepts from current trends of successful businesses instead of philosophies that are outdated and antiquated.

"Educational Specialist"

Current Employee - Education Specialist in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Education Specialist in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Wayne State University Physician Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Fabulous leadership. Superb benefit package and retirement package. Flexible scheduling. Dynamic co-workers. Faculty driven to make a difference in the lives of their students.

Cons

I have no negative comments regarding my employment at Wayne State University. I am very happy and content with my current position.

Advice to Management

My only advice to management would be to have hired both Educational Specialists a year prior to rolling our the renewed curriculum.

9. "Disease Intervention Specialist"

I worked at Wayne State University Physician Group full-time

Pros

The workload was not too heavy. There was a variety of work during the day and weeks.

Cons

The training was only on one thing subjected to your title and there were limitations on learning other programs.

Advice to Management

My respect for the manager. She does her utmost.

10. "Sanity is Priceless"

Pros

BLue Cross Blue Shield health insurance

Cons

Workers that work hard aren’t rewarded nor receive a pay increase, they only receive additional responsibilities that often times aren’t even related to your position.
    Management is a total joke and if things don’t have a direct affect towards them, they could care less.
    Taking matters to HR is an even bigger joke so don’t expect any resolutions to problems.
    The turn over rate is so high, don’t bother getting to know who works in what department.
    The company is so deep in debt that the company rather over work under paid workers than higher additional staff. Not to mention that in order to make up for the money they have burned through over the years, they punish employees by increasing health insurance premiums, dabbling with the retirement benefits and withholding merit increases.
    They expect you to jump up and down for an AMAZING 1% raise whenever they decide to give it which at times take YEARS before you will receive it.
    They expect full time plus OT work results but SCREAM if the employee actually clocks OT.
    Work life balance is like you’re cursing at management.
    So many positions have been dissolved that there is no opportunity for advancement.
    If you value your sanity, you will seek employment elsewhere like so many others including myself!

Advice to Management

Pay attention and actually DO something about the problems that employees are dealing with. This isn’t just management, this includes supervisors of staff, administrators, department heads and most DEFINITELY CEOs and the like that “lay down the law” and could care less how it impacts others as long as they don’t have to deal with the fallout. If I could rate working for this company truthfully, I would give no stars in all areas and 1 star for the benefits, as the health insurance is decent BUT you will pay the higher premium, your copay and sometimes you can expect a bill. It may sound bad, but unfortunately I’ve had worse insurance while working for a hospital!